Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New JWest Engineering 914 parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
JWest is making more parts for our cars.
Shivers
This is very cool. I’ve been looking for a deal on one. They want more than that for a 50 year old part. Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
certainly something that was direly needed.
Craigers17
Thanks for sharing this. I'm also really liking some of their new shifter handles and finishes.

Click to view attachment

https://www.jwestengineering.com/RennShift-...Stick_p_77.html

Sorry about the small pic.
mepstein
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Aug 12 2023, 11:58 AM) *

Thanks for sharing this. I'm also really liking some of their new shifter handles and finishes.

Click to view attachment

https://www.jwestengineering.com/RennShift-...Stick_p_77.html

Sorry about the small pic.

Yes, very cool.
second wind
Why is the shift rod cup part necessary? What is wrong with the stock part and what is the improvement? Jus' askin'....
Thank you,
gg
mepstein
QUOTE(second wind @ Aug 12 2023, 11:47 PM) *

Why is the shift rod cup part necessary? What is wrong with the stock part and what is the improvement? Jus' askin'....
Thank you,
gg

The black one is used on tail shifters, silver on side shifters.
technicalninja
QUOTE(second wind @ Aug 12 2023, 10:47 PM) *

Thank you,
gg

I second this question.

Also, where is this part located. Under the shift lever or back on the transmission?

If the original was steel and they wore out, how is an aluminum one better?

Looks nice and is not expensive. I will get one if it is truly an upgrade.

I like the new lever as well.
We're a bunch of strange guys, having a CNC milled shift rod is important although it does not do any better job than a simple rod...
jim_hoyland
And, another question: would a Rennshifter use one ?
mepstein
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 13 2023, 05:58 PM) *

And, another question: would a Rennshifter use one ?

Read their website and talk to James at JWest if you have questions but it seemed to say that all the parts were backwards compatible to 2004.
Montreal914
Here is a screenshot of one of JWest's videos.

Click to view attachment

For the 915 gearbox, there is coupling that is similar to the one at the 914 side shift rear console (at the gearbox), although I believe the front 915 one is shorter.

No matter what, both of these are used with a plastic cup bushing, so no metal to metal friction (wear).
jim_hoyland
Couldn’t find the video, please post the link smile.gif
NARP74
They are all here;
https://www.youtube.com/@jwestengineering7831/videos

jim_hoyland

Also, where is this part located. Under the shift lever or back on the transmission?

mepstein
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 14 2023, 07:40 PM) *

Early cars and 911’s get the black piece for the shifter. Side shift 914’s get the silver piece back at the trans.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.