Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with emergency flasher indicator lights staying on
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JMTaxter
Hi, guys.

Having a problem with my emergency flashers. When I start the engine, both flashing green light emergency indicators at the top of the tach/speedo stay on constantly. Won't shut off. None of the exterior emergency lights are malfunctioning/staying on, in other words, they function as they should. The emergency brake has been released. The relay is new. Of course, the emergency switch is off. All turn signals and lights operate properly. I did notice with the emergency switch on, the speed of the flashing decreases; turn the switch off, and the speed increases again.

If you have any insight, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your advice.

John
Rob-O
I’ve found that what happens is that even though the emergency/parking brake handle has been released, the arm isn’t making contact with the switch that is on the floorboard just under the handle. Get a long screwdriver and push the parking brake switch and see if the light goes out. The switch looks identical the the ones found in the front door jambs.
Spoke
Is the new flasher an OEM replacement? What p/n is it? It sounds like you have an incorrect flasher installed. I agree with Rob-O that either the e-brake switch is not closed, or the master cylinder warning switch is tripped, or you have some leakage in those wires.

Does the brake light flash as well?

However the e-brake or MC warning switch should not trigger the turnsignal indicators in the tach.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.