Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Sparco seat is a good choice?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
Which Sparco seat fits nicely in a 914 and would be wide enough for a stocky driver (6' tall, 38" waist)? I really don't care if it will fit with the back pad or not because I plan to install a roll cage anyway. My current interior has stock seats and back pad that was redone with leather. These have never been installed and it is my hope that I can sell them to pay for the new seats.

Also, who sells the Sparco seats at a good price? Are there good reproduction 914-6GT seats that can be had at a reasonable price? Will they fit a big driver?

Thanks,
Bob
ArtechnikA
i think you'll find the Evo a bit too narrow and you may want to start with the Evo-2.
i got mine from OG Racing which had good prices and service (if somewhat vague customer service.) but seats are expensive to ship (dimensional weight) so compare delivered prices to check the bottom line.
Jeroen
you'll have to go to a shop and test fit them in person for your own likings
different types of seats even from the same brand feel very different

it's important your upper legs are supported by the seat (just above the knee) or your legs will get tired/numb on longer drives

go for a full fibreglass shell and not one of those t-frame seats

The Sparco Rev and Pro 2000 are nice seats
Then again, this is very much a personal thing, you'll just have to try how they feel to you

Also check on other brands (Momo, OMP, Corbeau, Cobra, Recaro, etc.)
Joe Ricard
I guess it depends on what you are going to do with the car. Street , daily drive? or Street lots of Autocross, combination with lots of open track driving.

My Recaro SRD is Very comfortable street and lots of Autocross.
great support and easy to get in and out.

Had a Corbeau in 1st 914 and it was a pain to get in and out of. Recaro actually has better support and holds even my skinny butt in the seat while dancing through the cones.

Anyway you got to sit in it for fit and see if you can live with it for your intended use.

Next car "the stripper" will get full racing fiberglass buckets that will be snug fitting.
drew365
I don't think the Rev will do it for you. I have a 34" waist and it's a tight fit for me. You have to sit in them to be sure. Also make sure the overall seat width will fit in the teener and still let you use the emergency brake. IIRC there's 18.5" across from the tunnel to ebrake.
GTS
And there is always the choice of period seats from GTS,the Nurburgring,Rallye ST and the LeMans will all fit the 914 and sometimes we have a slightly damaged seat which has to go for a lesser price....so check it out at GTS-classics.com
They are light,tight and comfortable.....not a paradoxum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.