Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spotted in the wild: Nazare Portugal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
doug_b_928
My brother-in-law is vacationing in Nazare Portugal and saw this drive by. Looks nice! Anyone here?

Click to view attachment
flyer86d
I’m guessing that it was a US car or the owner really likes side marker lights.

Charlie
SirAndy
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Aug 17 2023, 02:18 AM) *

Most certainly a US re-import. Warts and PORSCHE letters on the engine grille are a dead giveaway.

driving.gif
r_towle
What a perfect car for that location.

Rich
76-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 17 2023, 09:26 PM) *

Most certainly a US re-import. Warts and PORSCHE letters on the engine grille are a dead giveaway.

driving.gif

I learned something new. Until now I didn't know that the grille lettering wasn't factory! huh.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 18 2023, 09:55 AM) *

Rich

Yeah, but where's his surboard?

A surfboard for that break would be longer than the car itself. We visited there about 5 years ago. Seriously impressive.
euro911
Nice paint scheme, except for the side decals.
doug_b_928
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 18 2023, 08:55 AM) *

Rich

I couldn’t agree more. Beautiful weather and nice, curvy roads with gorgeous vistas.
sb914
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 18 2023, 08:00 AM) *

Rich

A surfboard for that break would be longer than the car itself. We visited there about 5 years ago. Seriously impressive.

Actually the boards are not that long but super heavy.That wave is mostly a “tow-in” wave.you can’t paddle fast enough to catch them. Normally you do use a longer big wave “gun” for paddle in waves.
krazykonrad

I learned something new. Until now I didn't know that the grille lettering wasn't factory! huh.gif

The grille lettering was factory in US, but not in Europe.
SirAndy
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 18 2023, 07:55 AM) *

driving.gif

@76-914

The lettering is factory, but for the US market only. RoW did not have the lettering.
shades.gif
914_teener
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 18 2023, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Aug 18 2023, 08:00 AM) *

Rich

Actually the boards are not that long but super heavy.That wave is mostly a “tow-in” wave.you can’t paddle fast enough to catch them. Normally you do use a longer big wave “gun” for paddle in waves.

I was gonna say that....It'd need to be towing a jet ski for those waves

I went on a "Camino" and stopped there. Unbelievable country but that was before the pandemic in 2018.

That is great country for a 914.
76-914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 18 2023, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 18 2023, 07:55 AM) *

driving.gif

@76-914

The lettering is factory, but for the US market only. RoW did not have the lettering.
shades.gif

You're a walking 914 Wikipedia @SirAndy . Ten years ago when I listed my VIN for the '73 you told me that it was one of a group that was destined for EU delivery but was re-routed to the USA. Where do you get all this information? confused24.gif
BeatNavy
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 18 2023, 02:17 PM) *

I did not know that. I knew they used jet skis for towing and retrieval, but I didn't realize they weren't like the big elephant guns of old (like Bradshaw and that crew).

QUOTE(914_teener @ Aug 18 2023, 04:35 PM) *

I went on a "Camino" and stopped there. Unbelievable country but that was before the pandemic in 2018.

That is great country for a 914.

It is. We also spent a few days on the island of Madeira. Beautiful island with a very temperate climate. I think the average low / high there is like 65 / 84 all year round. Although there is some humidity. There are some serious twisties on that island up and over the mountains.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.