Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody have any information about this car in California?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiacra
I was scrolling through CL looking for another tool box when I saw this car in a garage sale ad. Not listed anywhere else, yet. The tool box was sold, but the 914 was there, parked next to a pristine Pontiac GTO, so access to really see it was limited. A bit of an unclear story, but the current owner has had it for only a year but just downsized from a house to a condo. Right now he has a shop space, big enough for two cars, and he wants to move another project into that space. Everybody has a story, who knows if it is true... He thought it was a 2.0, and has records that supposedly reflect that, but after some discussion he realizes it is clearly a 1.7. A newer paint job in the original color of Summer Yellow, or at least something close. Areas of overspray and some runs in hidden areas (frunk, etc.) but overall looks good. Good battery tray, hell hole looks good, only one small area of rust that I could find - in the door frame right at the driver's side sail panel. I know --- there is more.... Interior is really clean.

I'm interested, and the price should be reasonable after some negotiation, but I wanted to see if anybody out there knows this car or the history of it. It is currently in the SF Bay Area, but a search of the VIN shows it was listed on eBay in 2016 and was in San Luis Obispo at that time. I'm trying to decide if I want to go back for a full inspection. He will pull it out, let me drive it, take off rocker covers, review all records he has, etc. Seems like a decent and honest person, just didn't do his due diligence on the car before buying it. I don't want to make that mistake! I'm really looking to see if anyone has any meaningful information on the history and restoration of this car. Any previous owner out there? Belonged to an old friend? You looked at it once but decided against it for x,y, or z reason? I don't mind comments such as "that Monza muffler is ugly" or "why did they put a Porsche reflector on it" followed by a puking head, but those won't be particularly helpful biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
campbellcj
Looks quite promising to me based on these first couple of pics. Did you search the VIN database here already?

Yep I would ditch the rear reflector and spoiler as I did when I bought my car. I know some like 'em.
fiacra
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Aug 18 2023, 02:07 PM) *

@campbellcj . Thanks Chris. I did see that. Unfortunately eBay does not retain records long enough for me to see the original eBay posting. Hopefully someone out there will have more information. Still thinking about it....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.