Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HID headlights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Petepat
I'v been following some old threads re: HID headlights in the sidelight indicator and its development but can't seem to ascertain whether the lights went into production or not, anybody in the know on this one?
Craigers17
I think you might be looking for something like these, which are LED's. EDIT: I have no affiliation with these. I just think they look great.

https://3dgauto.com/products/custom-porsche...with-headlights

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Those look like some nicely made LED lights. beerchug.gif
vitamin914
Cool looking DRLs. I like the LED projector lights as a backup to the main popup lights and would consider getting them.

BUT... Looking at the website my big concern is the LED bulb... one of the pictures shows the backside of the housing where the H4 bulb goes in. There is a cooling fan on the bulb. The inside fender is a nasty place where water, gravel, sand and dust get kicked up from the front tire. That LED bulb fan is not going to last past the first wet road.

The PO of my 74 mounted a horn in the wheel well. It was no longer working (surprise) because it was full of crap.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
The other bug issue I could see is thermal build up inside the unit. If it were a metal base it would act as a heat sink.

If the lens is glass it would also help to move heat out. But that too is a weak point. Unless its plastc that has an anti abrasiin coating it could be scratched pretty easily. Plastic can be wetsanded and buffed, but its work and requires a little skill.

Interesting way to go, time will tell.
windforfun
$650. Really?
Petepat
QUOTE(windforfun @ Aug 20 2023, 04:00 PM) *

$650. Really?

Thanks guys that's good news apart from the price!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.