Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD! Black 1973 Porsche 914 Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
NeedAWD
I apologize up front for the length of this post. I like to disclose absolutely everything I know up front to avoid any confusion.

Vin: 4732906601
1973 Porsche 914
1.7 Engine
Black
Odometer: 81027 (cannot guarantee but presumed to be original mileage)

Condition: Overall the car seems to be in great shape for its age and considering the conditions it was kept in. The chassis overall is solid with the only area of concern being the driver/left side long. It did have mice living in the long for quite some time and their presence appears to have caused rusting on the bottom of the long towards the rear section from the inside out. A member(Garland) on here came over and checked out the car to help give me an estimated value on it and we went down the rabbit hole of seeing how bad it was. Pictures will be provided showing the rust but its completely solid on the side, only that bottom part is rusted and the jack pad is not rusted, we bent it out of the way to access the rust. Passenger side did not have any rodent infestation and is solid. If you are looking for a showroom car it will need body work and paint but from what I can see below the barn grunge it looks like it could be something presentable at least. Look at the picture to see the worst panel, it sat in a shop/barn since 79 and seems to have gotten some chemicals on the driver door that did remove paint in spots. The engine and transmission are out of the car and most of the engine tin work is missing, a few components are included but I could not speak for their operating state. In general it seems to be a great start for someone looking to do a custom build or if you were in possession of a complete car and needed a better body to work with.

The history: Trying to keep this condensed as much as possible but, I acquired the car belonged from my uncles father in law. He was looking for something to do some track events and purchased this back in 1979. He purchased the car from a couple that had moved to Michigan in 1979 but had the car registered out of Redondo Beach California up through at least mid 1978(a copy of the California registration will be included with the car). Once he got it to his home workshop he tore it apart and then got sidetracked with cobra kit car builds so it has not been a complete car since then. It was stored in his workshop/barn until roughly 2013 when I acquired the car, it was then moved to my mother in laws garage and has sat there till about 2-3 months ago when I brought it to my house. At some point in the 90s there was work done to the brakes, new tires put on and the wheels polished as there was some effort made to start putting the project back together. A GM v6 was acquired and the swap started getting worked on but never did come to fruition. When I acquired the car I was looking at doing a Subaru swap to it but with so many projects it always sat without the attention it deserved. I finally admitted to the reality that I will probably never have the time nor drive to get this car completed and I truly hope it makes its way back on the road, the car definitely deserves another chance at life.

Thank you for checking out the ad.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
NeedAWD
Price drop! I really would prefer to sell it through here rather than start posting elsewhere.
Cherongo
To whom this concerns,

I was wondering if this car is still available and where are you located?
I’ve been looking for the right car to build for my daughter to move up from karts to
racing Porsche Club events.

Thank you so much,
Chuck Heron
Cheronchop@yahoo.com
Chuck.Heron@paramount.com
NeedAWD
QUOTE(Cherongo @ Oct 10 2023, 11:13 PM) *

To whom this concerns,

I was wondering if this car is still available and where are you located?
I’ve been looking for the right car to build for my daughter to move up from karts to
racing Porsche Club events.

Thank you so much,
Chuck Heron
Cheronchop@yahoo.com
Chuck.Heron@paramount.com

Car is still available, if you are interested feel free to message or call me at 586 260 4204.
NeedAWD
Bump, last shot at selling here before I list it to craigslist and facebook marketplace. $3500.
NeedAWD
SOLD!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.