Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil System Parts Suppliers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
I am having trouble locating replacements for a few of our oil system components. Missing when I got the car. 1970 914-6. Highlighted in yellow and descriptions below. Mostly hardware, and a couple rubber pieces discussed in another thread.

Does anyone have a source new or used? I have searched the usual suspects with regards to Porsche and 914-centric parts vendors. A couple I even ordered from, but then they were unable to deliver.

In lieu of a supplier, perhaps someone has access to these parts that could offer dimensions for the support and tube clamps?
Click to view attachment
  • 18/3 and 18/7: 999-511-076-02, Clamp for oil hose Pressure line
  • 18/4: 901-107-084-00, Support
  • 19/3: 999-511-077-02, Clamp for intake pipe
  • 19/2: 999-702-089-50, Rubber sleeve for Mount Hose line
  • 78: 901-107-679-10, Sealing ring - lower base of oil tank
  • 18/2: 999-702-132-50, Rubber sleeve Hose line
Thanks.
914Sixer
Clamps and grommets are available a some local auto parts stores. SAE sizes will be really close. Check Amazon too.
johnhora
agree.gif the adel type clamps are universally available
https://www.amazon.com/adel-clamps/s?k=adel+clamps
the new ones are usually some type of alloy metal and lighter but work just fine.
Have you checked Stoddard also check with George at AA
rgalla9146
Dennis
The 'blow-up' illustration confuses locations a bit. And the shape of some hoses/tubes.
I can post pics of most of the parts tomorrow.
I think it will be helpful.
DennisV
QUOTE(johnhora @ Aug 19 2023, 06:20 PM) *

the adel type clamps are universally available

For sure. There are a variety of loop clamps available on McMaster. I was trying to avoid a WAG on the diameter, width and offset. It is not yet clear to me where they mount. Assuming they belong to the pipe closest in the diagram I could estimate the ID of the clamp based on the OD of the pipe.
rgalla9146
# 78 rubber washer between inner fender and tank
# 18-2 grommit, hose through shelf
# 18-3 Norma hose clamp 18mm supports tube below front engine tin
# 18-4 small 90 degree bracket attached to front engine tin to support oil tube
# 18-7 not sure but may be Norma 18mm clamp to support tube below chain housing
# 19-2 grommit on hook on body
# 19-3 30mm Norma clamp that attaches to heat exchanger to protect hose from hot
exhaust
rgalla9146
Oil plumbing supports
rgalla9146
attachment point on engine tin
DennisV
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Aug 20 2023, 07:51 AM) *

# 78 rubber washer between inner fender and tank
# 18-2 grommit, hose through shelf
# 18-3 Norma hose clamp 18mm supports tube below front engine tin
# 18-4 small 90 degree bracket attached to front engine tin to support oil tube
# 18-7 not sure but may be Norma 18mm clamp to support tube below chain housing
# 19-2 grommit on hook on body
# 19-3 30mm Norma clamp that attaches to heat exchanger to protect hose from hot
exhaust

Thank you for taking time to share this. The photos help a lot with context and positioning. The Norma markings on the clamps will help me track those down. I assume the number matches the OD in mm of the pipe it is clamping.

Thanks again! beer.gif
DennisV
I looked all over for correct sized Norma clamps from a variety of suppliers (Porsche vendors, auto parts stores, clamp distributors, etc.). Never did find anyone that would supply the correct size Norma clamp to US unless you want to pay $20 USD shipping for something off eBay. Tried Wurth too.

Did find some off-brand correct sizes on Amazon. Ended up going with these from McMaster, as I feel like they'll be good quality.For the hook sleeve, I found this:
Buna-N Rubber Grommets for 1-3/4" Hole Diameter and 1/16" Material Thickness, 1-1/2" ID

The bracket, I'm planning to try to modify this:
Support Bracket for Oil Crossover Pipe - 93010741702

For 18/2 999-702-132-50 Rubber sleeve Hose line I haven't seen a photo or dimensions, but it looks like it might now be available from Pelican.

If it were a numbers matching car, I might have spent the extra money to get them shipped from EU or keep looking for old parts.

Maybe the above will make life easier for someone else down the road.
930cabman
Yes, there are several of us working on a /6 conversion currently. Thanks for posting.

I purchased a Patrick AN oil line kit, hoping they will furnish a couple photos of the kit installed.
slammin
did you try stoddards for your pts slammin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.