Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Test Bosch Voltage Regulator?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StarBear
Is there any way to bench test an OEM Bosch Voltage Regulator (PNs 0190-600-006 or 0190-601-006)? It's the taller (2 1/2" or so, 3-prong mechanical unit).
I have it out of the car after some funky issues and would like to test it before fully switching it out.
Have searched the forum and found no testing method.
Thanks!
Aerostatwv
I was chasing a weird idle issue that I couldn't get my head around. I ordered a voltage meter that plugs into the cigarette lighter from Amazon, I don't have the factory console w/gages. I found my voltage was spiking up to 17 volts. Thought it was a fluke and tried it in my other vehicle, it registered 14.4 volts.. So I swapped the regulator and the voltage settled back to 13 volts with minimal fluctuations. Weird thing is, my hunting idle issue has gone away..
StarBear
Yes, that’s weird, but then lots of our issues ( and solutions) are so.
I have the gauge and sits steady at 13.3 or so, except when idle shuts off at low rpm and full operating temp. Restarts fine. dry.gif
Checking multiple other causes too.
914Sixer
I can send you a solid state Bosch you can test with. Pay the shipping.
StarBear
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 21 2023, 07:51 AM) *

I can send you a solid state Bosch you can test with. Pay the shipping.

Thanks for the offer, Mark. I have a spare to test the idle issue; wondering if possible to bench test the old unit also.
Seems like there’s not a method to do that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.