Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need a great affordable open transport from Los Angeles to Connecticut. Thought you guys might know…..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914xr75
I sold my 1978 Rockford Files Firebird , and now the guy asked me if I know of any shipping companies that are good and affordable. I don’t. I love the car but I hate the California smog test. That’s the reason I sold it. Any open transportation recommendations?
dhuckabay
Monteway and Anemir are two that I have used without problems.
White Haus
QUOTE(914xr75 @ Aug 21 2023, 08:07 AM) *

I sold my 1978 Rockford Files Firebird , and now the guy asked me if I know of any shipping companies that are good and affordable. I don’t. I love the car but I hate the California smog test. That’s the reason I sold it. Any open transportation recommendations?

Not sure how pricing compares but M&M Freight just did a MN/NJ move for my buyer.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you might try uship.com and put it out for bid, usually if you wait until the end of the listing period you can get a great deal
ChrisFoley
Horseless Carriage
infraredcalvin
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 21 2023, 07:25 AM) *

you might try uship.com and put it out for bid, usually if you wait until the end of the listing period you can get a great deal

Lots of activity coming and going to Monterey right now, you might find a truck or two headed south, then looking to fill an empty trailer to go back home East…
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 21 2023, 06:25 AM) *

I would caution against U-Ship, it's the wold west of car shipping.

I once sold a 356 to a guy, my shipper said he would do it, the guy saved $100 on U-Ship. The "driver" showed up in a converted motor home, full of furniture, he had double booked. He unloaded the furniture, loaded the 356 and re-loaded the furniture, on top of the car.

Another time a guy booked U-Ship the guy showed up with a flat open trailer, said he hauls Quads, he planned to pick up 4-6 quads and said he would have to load and unload the Porsche at least 3 times before it got to AZ.

If you ship a car, book a car shipper, not a rodeo clown.
mepstein
I’d have to really dislike someone to recommend u-ship to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.