Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat Exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2-OH!
I am at the office now and do not have access to my data at home.

Does anyone know the diameter of the 1.7/1.8 versus the 2.0 exhaust pipes on the the heat exchangers for the 73-74 cars.

If I remember correctly, the 1.7/1.8 are the same size and the 2.0 is a larger diameter pipe and the sheet metal "Heat Exchangers" are the same for all of that vintage...The only difference is the pipe size...

1.7/1.8 = ? diameter
2.0 = ? diameter

Someone straighten me out...

Thanks,

2-OH!
rhodyguy
when did you relocate rick? are you talking about stainless or oem?

k
TravisNeff
I think the OEM exchangers the 2.0 is a little larger than the 1.7/1.8. But if you are talking SSI's I think they are the same diameter.

Other phsical differences is that the 1.7/1.8 kick up right before the muffler flange where the 2.0 does not.
2-OH!
Hey Kevin:

Yea, we moved the 4th of July weekend...Tired of 300 days of rain per year, oh yea and a job opportunity too !

Yes, I'm looking at a pair of stainless, I want the 2.0 type and I'm trying to make certain before I jump off the bridge...

[/QUOTE]Other phsical differences is that the 1.7/1.8 kick up right before the muffler flange where the 2.0 does not. [QUOTE]

Travis: Can you give me a little more info...What does Kick Up mean...I'll go back and look at the pictures the guy sent me...But more info would be helpful...

The motor i'm using used to be a 1.7...But Jerry over at Northwest Connecting Rod has put Euro pistons, larger jugs, balanced crank, new cam etc...So I want the larger diameter pipes to let her breath...However, I still want heat and the old exchangers were shot...

Any info would be appreciated...

Thanks,

2-OH!
rhodyguy
rick, look at the pictures in verruckt's ss he thread about half way down the front page. the "kick-up" is obvious where as the 2.0 is straight.. something else to be aware of with used he's is that the rear flange is not all bent up or badly rust pitted. today is the first day of any precip since the 4th of july. biggrin.gif

k
2-OH!
Yes, July, Aug and Sept are the best months Kevin...But give me a call in the next nine months...

But one other question...

Does anyone know if they are the same diameter pipe or are they different...If the SS are all the same size, then the only difference would be the muffler and hanger...

2-OH!
2-OH!
icon_bump.gif
rhodyguy
and the he to muffler gaskets. that's it.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.