Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Murene & 916
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlkawashima
Although I live only 90 minutes from Monterey this is the first time I've actually spent more than a day at Monterey Car Week. One of the main reasons I haven't is because price gouging is the norm ($800 a night for a room at the Best Western) but this time we got free tickets for Saturday at Laguna Seca and Sunday at Pebble Beach, so we figured, 'eh, what the hell, let's do it.' (We also attended the Werks Reunion on Friday, but we brought my wife's 968 instead of my 914).

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see the Murene at Laguna Seca. That was an unexpected treat. It was parked alongside a whole bunch of Bring a Trailer alumni cars:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
On Sunday I was very surprised to see a 916 on display. I assume it's the real deal (although I really don't know much about the history of the 916) since it was on the grass with all the zillion dollar cars:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

All in all, Monterey Car Week was fun. The amount of exotic machinery on display (and also simply driving around the peninsula) is hard to fathom ... it's truly sensory overload.
Root_Werks
Two very rare cars indeed! Like the color on that 916.
Justinp71

Thanks for sharing, man I would drive down there just to see a 916 in person. Hopefully it comes back for Rennsport.
DRPHIL914
wow!! that’s really cool. how many 916’s were made? was it 11-12? this is different than a 914/4-GT M471 package car yes?
any more infor on this cars history?
Steve
They were both at the San Pedro Luftkekuht. Great show
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Only 11 including the prototype "Brutus"

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 22 2023, 06:19 AM) *

wow!! that’s really cool. how many 916’s were made? was it 11-12? this is different than a 914/4-GT M471 package car yes?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
dlkawashima
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 22 2023, 06:19 AM) *

I really don't know much about the 916 but according to the Porsche 916 Info site there were 11 in total.
The blue one on display at Pebble Beach is number 0017 and was owned by Dr. (Hans) Michael Piëch. I say 'was' because the placard for the 916 said the car is now owned by Todd Blue of Malibu, CA

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.