Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chico Performance engine builder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bajafreaks
I'm starting the search for an engine builder. Several years ago, I purchased two different vw engines from Anibal Chico at Chicos performance and they were both excellent engines. Has anyone used Chico for a type 4 build?
I'm open for any other suggested builders also.
Thanks
JamesJ
QUOTE(bajafreaks @ Aug 21 2023, 05:14 PM) *

I'm starting the search for an engine builder. Several years ago, I purchased two different vw engines from Anibal Chico at Chicos performance and they were both excellent engines. Has anyone used Chico for a type 4 build?
Thanks

Since you have had previous experience with them, I would ask them how many Type IVs they have built and ask them to forward your phone number to any Type IV customers in the hopes that one or more would call you with their experience. Of course, YMMV.
Best wishes on this as I am in the same boat.
bajafreaks
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Aug 22 2023, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(bajafreaks @ Aug 21 2023, 05:14 PM) *

Thanks

Since you have had previous experience with them, I would ask them how many Type IVs they have built and ask them to forward your phone number to any Type IV customers in the hopes that one or more would call you with their experience. Of course, YMMV.
Best wishes on this as I am in the same boat.

Yes I will be reaching out to them for sure, just hoping to find a 914-world member with experience.
Shivers
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bVxSlES50o8
bajafreaks
QUOTE(Shivers @ Aug 23 2023, 09:49 AM) *

Yes they build awesome type 1's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.