Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage Recommendation in NorCal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sarivers2001
Hello everyone!

I have posted about a couple of other topics, but for those who haven’t seen those earlier posts, I am a new ‘74 914 2.0L owner. I live in Marin County, California, and hope that the 914 World community out there can provide me with one or two personal recommendations for an expert classic Porsche mechanic/garage in the northern part of the Bay Area, preferably in Marin County.

The car appears to be in very good shape, but I’d love to have someone give it a thorough examination. I have also identified a few issues for minor work to be performed that I’d like to discuss with a pro.

Any ideas, y’all?

Thanks,
Steven signal914.jpg

DennisV
QUOTE(sarivers2001 @ Aug 21 2023, 06:36 PM) *

I live in Marin County, California, and hope that the 914 World community out there can provide me with one or two personal recommendations for an expert classic Porsche mechanic/garage in the northern part of the Bay Area, preferably in Marin County.

I have not used them, but Hi Tech in San Rafael has been supporting PCA for years.
Click to view attachment
If you're willing to drive to Santa Rosa, I would recommend Autobahn. I have taken my modern Porsche to them for years. They also support PCA.

de Jung in Santa Rosa specializes in air cooled Porsche. I went there a couple times with my early Boxster. He seems to know his stuff. He is a no B.S. individual, for lack of a kinder description.
sarivers2001
QUOTE(DennisV @ Aug 21 2023, 07:24 PM) *

QUOTE(sarivers2001 @ Aug 21 2023, 06:36 PM) *

I live in Marin County, California, and hope that the 914 World community out there can provide me with one or two personal recommendations for an expert classic Porsche mechanic/garage in the northern part of the Bay Area, preferably in Marin County.

I have not used them, but Hi Tech in San Rafael has been supporting PCA for years.
Click to view attachment
If you're willing to drive to Santa Rosa, I would recommend Autobahn. I have taken my modern Porsche to them for years. They also support PCA.

de Jung in Santa Rosa specializes in air cooled Porsche. I went there a couple times with my early Boxster. He seems to know his stuff. He is a no B.S. individual, for lack of a kinder description.

Many thanks, Dennis. I have driven by HiTec many times and always see cool Porsches outside. I was wondering if anyone in the community might recommend them or have personal experiences with them they could share.

I’ll keep the 2 other shops in Santa Rosa in mind as well. Thanks again!
Justinp71
I've always heard of people using S Car Go over there, never used them personally but they were the big shop...
Krieger
Hi Tec does great work! I've known those guys for years. I have used them several times over the years. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Air cooled and watercooled.
horizontally-opposed
Great looking car, and welcome to the neighborhood. I think I saw you on 101S, from 101N… smile.gif

As to some local support systems for your 914:

I've been happy with de Jung Motorsports for 20~ years, but it can be a trek to Cotati if there's traffic or it's 4x to drop the car off.

Hi-Tec has a lot of fans locally, so I'd definitely visit them to see if that's a fit for your needs.

You might check out Peter & Wolf Car Company in San Rafael—I stopped by once and the owner seemed cool, knowledgeable, and capable. I also liked the small shop vibe.

Gina at Porsche Marin is a knowledgeable and excellent source for parts.

Ron at Dependable Tire & Brake in San Rafael has always taken great care of me on tires.

Enjoy your 914…it's a great car for this part of the world!

beerchug.gif
sarivers2001
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 22 2023, 05:13 AM) *

Great looking car, and welcome to the neighborhood. I think I saw you on 101S, from 101N… smile.gif

As to some local support systems for your 914:

I've been happy with de Jung Motorsports for 20~ years, but it can be a trek to Cotati if there's traffic or it's 4x to drop the car off.

Hi-Tec has a lot of fans locally, so I'd definitely visit them to see if that's a fit for your needs.

You might check out Peter & Wolf Car Company in San Rafael—I stopped by once and the owner seemed cool, knowledgeable, and capable. I also liked the small shop vibe.

Gina at Porsche Marin is a knowledgeable and excellent source for parts.

Ron at Dependable Tire & Brake in San Rafael has always taken great care of me on tires.

Enjoy your 914…it's a great car for this part of the world!

beerchug.gif

Thank you very much for all the referrals, will definitely be helpful. I talked to Devin at HiTec, and he kindly agreed to squeeze me into his busy schedule.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.