Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankieshooz
Hi guys, yes I have done a search but I only found GTS seats as an aftermarket alternative for seat replacement. I do like their seat options and think the Hockenheim and SPA models seems to be the best fit for what I’m after. Couple of questions for forum users does anyone have these and if so what are your impressions? Do you have any other recommendations for aftermarket seats other than GTS. Obviously would love a set of Scheels but they seem unobtainable and very expensive. I am looking for seats as a direct bolt in with existing rails and also can be upholstered with fabric of my choosing. Let me knowl…
mepstein
Call and talk to Stephan at GTS. He makes a very nice product.
tygaboy
I suspect you know that the GTS "LeMans" model is a direct bolt in to the 914. I have them in my car so if you'd like to come sit for a while, please feel free.
Beyond the direct fit, what I like about them (and I assume you already know this, too) is they can be spec'd to make them a bit more unique.
I added grommets, seat belt pass-throughs, oval head rests and heat.
The LeMans are sorta the "easy button" of aftermarket seats, what with the bolt-in.
There are other options, including the Renegade Hybrids "Sport Seat" - a kit that adds bolsters to your factory seats ( @markhoward ) or race seats ( @Krieger )
Andy, maybe post a pic? Thanks

Anyway, here are my GTS seats and the Renegades in Tan tweed (go easy, I didn't spec them!) Mark, let's see them now that you leather-ized them.

It also depends on the vibe you're looking for. Again, swing by and check things out, if that'd help you decide.
Krieger
My OMP seats don't fit the factory rail.
markhoward
Here are the renegade seats installed.
Click to view attachment
Optimusglen
+1 for GTS LeMans. So easy to install, though I wish I would have opted for the seatbelt pass-through holes.

IPB Image

Hand pump inflates a lumbar balloon, needed for the cross country trips I've taken.
seanpaulmc
QUOTE(markhoward @ Aug 22 2023, 11:15 AM) *

Here are the renegade seats installed.
Click to view attachment

Do you have a thread on this modification?
How do you like these stock seats with the added bolsters? Worth it?

Clearly a stock seat recovering kit would not work. Did you send these out for redo or do you have skill with a sewing machine?

Thanks!
KSCarrera
Cobra RSR - with homemade mounts to fit stock runners/tilt.

Click to view attachment
Rogerz33
Great to see some good options here! We'll work on this 914 project once we mount new rotors and tis wheels on the truck this weekend and clear the garage!
wes
I used Cobeau seats until I was lucky enough to get a set of Scheel seats. I still have the Cobeau seats although they need to be recovered, I should sell them just haven’t taken the time.Click to view attachment
914werke
How is the fittment on those Cobra's? Will they accept a WIDE ass? Not that there is anything wrong with that!
NARP74
I have a set of Konig seats in the car I bought last year. It looks like the seats fit the stock rails, the holes have been enlarged and I am going through some adjustment now. But they are on the stock system.
campbellcj
Does anyone happen to know of a vintage type of seat like those shown above that can be installed or adapted for race seat side-mount installation? I have modern/new Recaro race seats in there now but would love to get an alternate set of more street friendly and period-correct looking ones if they could swap in/out easily. The car no longer has the original mount setup/rails.
ClayPerrine
I had Koenig seats in my six conversion when I first built it. I had the interior done to match the seats.

Frankly, they were terrible. They had me sitting at an angle where I couldn't really see out of the car.

So I had stock seats recovered to match the interior. Sold the Koenig seats and never looked back.

wes
QUOTE(914werke @ Aug 24 2023, 03:24 PM) *

How is the fittment on those Cobra's? Will they accept a WIDE ass? Not that there is anything wrong with that!

It’s been a few years since I’ve used them but if I remember right they were a similar fit to Scheel seats. One thing I noticed is the Cobras with their adapter bar actually seat you higher which a simply cut some of the foam cushion which left it’s still comfortable, but a proper height for me. The Scheel seats bolt directly to the 914 sliders and seat you lower considerably enough so I need to do something with my seatbelt because they now go across my neck. If anyone is interested in the Cobras they are just taking needed space.
Justinp71
A couple years ago I was looking back and forth between the GTS and Renegade seat options. I went with Renegade for 2 reasons-

1.) GTS are crazy expensive after all the fees

2.) Which was big for me, the GTS seats seem like I would raise in the seat a touch and the seat bottom is not removable, this made me concerned about having the head clearance for a helmet (6' tall). I like to occasionally do some track and already the room is tight. With the renegade you can get a thin bottom cushion to lower yourself in the seat for track duty. I will say having these is great but it's a tighter squeeze, the 914 seat is so narrow, you can push the bolsters out a touch to get just a little room. I do really love being held in the car properly now, makes for a different driving experience.

Click to view attachment
Rusty
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 25 2023, 07:57 AM) *

Frankly, they were terrible. They had me sitting at an angle where I couldn't really see out of the car.

Did you try 4x4 blocks on the pedals and a phone book on the seat?
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Aug 25 2023, 02:57 PM) *

A couple years ago I was looking back and forth between the GTS and Renegade seat options. I went with Renegade for 2 reasons-

1.) GTS are crazy expensive after all the fees

2.) Which was big for me, the GTS seats seem like I would raise in the seat a touch and the seat bottom is not removable, this made me concerned about having the head clearance for a helmet (6' tall). I like to occasionally do some track and already the room is tight. With the renegade you can get a thin bottom cushion to lower yourself in the seat for track duty. I will say having these is great but it's a tighter squeeze, the 914 seat is so narrow, you can push the bolsters out a touch to get just a little room. I do really love being held in the car properly now, makes for a different driving experience.

Click to view attachment

does Renegade still make these?

Phil
tygaboy
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 13 2023, 05:29 AM) *

Phil

Not sure they make/sell the seats but they do sell a DIY kit:
JamesJ
FWIW, I have driven Mark's car with the Renegade seats and they are fantastic. I have a Scheel-Mann(previously Scheel) Model 114 seat from back in the day(made specifically for the 914). Although it looks more period correct with the headrest design, I prefer the higher seating position of the Renegade. My Scheel-Mann sits you deeper(i.e. lower) in the seat. I don't dislike it and I will keep it, but I was more impressed with the Renegade seat from a driving standpoint.

By the way, Scheel-Mann is still in business and will be at Rennsport this month.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Sep 13 2023, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 13 2023, 05:29 AM) *

Phil

Not sure they make/sell the seats but they do sell a DIY kit:

Thanks!!! i think i might have to take a close look at this, i have a extra set of seats , this might be the way to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.