Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Base Boxster Brake Pad Recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
Hello all and good afternoon,

Going to be installing Boxster calipers on my car and I need to buy front and rear pads. I will be having the rear pads modified to work but on Rock Auto parts there is an extensive list of options and price. Curious if anyone has a recommendation on a site, vendor and/or brand that is good for a daily driver going to be running LS3 with 430 HP. Would appreciate any help. Thank you. I’m
jim_hoyland
Try PMB; Eric is a good source for all Brake related products. And he may have a better price smile.gif
burton73
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 23 2023, 12:30 PM) *

Try PMB; Eric is a good source for all Brake related products. And he may have a better price smile.gif

Yes Eric=PMB Performance for sure, and just to show you what the Boxster Calipers with Rick Johnston adapters look like. I was going to use these on my V8 car

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Justinp71
What's the pad surface area? I have Wilwood superlites with 8.2 sq in pad area (in the front) I run R4-S pads on the street (front and rear) and they work well. I ran friction 97 compound on the race track and man they would brake hard, but they are too dusty and noisy for the street.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gearup @ Aug 23 2023, 12:22 PM) *
Going to be installing Boxster calipers on my car and I need to buy front and rear pads. I will be having the rear pads modified to work but on Rock Auto parts there is an extensive list of options and price. Curious if anyone has a recommendation on a site, vendor and/or brand that is good for a daily driver going to be running LS3 with 430 HP. Would appreciate any help. Thank you. I’m

I used stock street pads on mine and they have been working just fine.

Unless your car is really, really heavy, it'll be 2/3 of what those brakes have to stop in a Boxster.
popcorn[1].gif
mepstein
I have adaptors but need to find a set of f&r calipers.
JmuRiz
I like Hawk HPS on mine, good initial bite.

I had more aggressive pagid before, but they squealed too much on the street.
T.Rick6
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 23 2023, 06:36 PM) *

I have adaptors but need to find a set of f&r calipers.

Hey Mark, pm me on what you’re looking for,(standard or S)I have access to a lot of calipers at a good price.

Todd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.