Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bit of a head scratcher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
I pulled over to take a call today and turned on the flashers. I inadvertently left them on, probably because I heard no clicking to remind me. A few miles down the road I noticed my signals weren’t working.

After a bit of checking, noticed the flasher switch was still pulled out. Once I pushed it back in, signals started working again...

And no, the E flashers don’t work. I believe they used to blink.gif

Any stabs at this one?

TIA
Shivers
When the flashers are on the blinkers do not work. E flashers may not be working but the circuit still does. 50 year old flasher relay?
Porschef
QUOTE(Shivers @ Aug 23 2023, 04:31 PM) *

When the flashers are on the blinkers do not work. E flashers may not be working but the circuit still does. 50 year old flasher relay?

Hmmm, probably... dry.gif

A separate relay from the blinkers? Of that I’m not sure.

Thanks
Shivers
In the cab the fuse panel, there is a metal silver square flasher / hazard relay. It is clipped on there or the previous owner may have replaced it an it ended up under the dash close to the fuse panel. Since my memory is suspect these days, you may want to wait for a second opinions smile.gif blink.gif
davep
One flasher relay. The Hazzard switch directs to signals when off, and all 4 when engaged.
Porschef
Thanks gents beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.