Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Resto mod
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914-300Hemi
Marriage between 914 and a Cayman.

https://www.motor1.com/news/683296/porsche-...-eleven-design/
CCE
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Aug 24 2023, 07:30 PM) *

Someone wants to make a buck or two, at Singer motors they do a real re-engineering Williams motor and all, in AlfaHolics they reuse and renovate parts to make them look a lot nicer including some carbon fiber and aluminum, Rod Emory design and build jewels.

In here I just see some composite panels a motor and trans swap, and that is about it, but the cost of the Singer car. I don’t really see where the money went. I don’t buy it. confused24.gif
Shivers
All that work and someone puts the steering wheel on the wrong side.
sixnotfour
wolf in sheeps clothing...nothing new can be done to any vehicle...
wonkipop
QUOTE(Shivers @ Aug 24 2023, 08:04 PM) *

biggrin.gif beer.gif

would go ok down here in north antarctica.
SirAndy
QUOTE(CCE @ Aug 24 2023, 06:53 PM) *
I don’t really see where the money went.

agree.gif

idea.gif
rgalla9146

No...Thank you.
porschetub
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Aug 25 2023, 01:30 PM) *

Looks wrong not just for the look but the cost of that sad.gif .
flyer86d
Messtorod. Why bother!

Charlie
mepstein
I’ll be a contrarian. I like when people build these cars. Although I’ll never be a customer, they sometimes bring some new ideas to the mix that we can borrow for our cars. They do the r&d, spend the time and money and we steel a nugget or gem of an idea that works for us.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Shivers @ Aug 24 2023, 10:04 PM) *

@Shivers

I agree, but disagree with others that dont like it, to each his own, i do like it, might not do exactly what they did, i would like to see more pictures. I can see how this might represent more of what a 914 would have become had it been kepts as a model, it would have been more like this than a boxster i think. not sure where $400k went though, I mean you might sell some for $150k or so but i dont see them selling many at this price.

tygaboy
Ashtray delete dash? Check
Raised console? Check
Exposed shifter? Check
Cool door bars? Check
Custom foot boards? Check
GPS Speedo sensor on dash? Check

I'll sell you my car with my take on these same items for, lets' say, 1/2 their asking price! lol-2.gif
ClayPerrine
Step1: Graft a Cayman rear suspension and drivetrain under a 914.
Step2. Graft a Cayman front suspension under a 914
Step3. Custom interior
Step4. Custom Paint

Step5. Huge profit.

If I were charging that much to water cooled a 914, I would be grafting in a Bently W-12 Trubo motor. 600HP and only $4500.00
914-300Hemi
I do like the fog lights and the interior but don’t understand the $440K price.

If you ignore the price I think that I looks pretty nice.

The stance, fenders and the front look great.
NARP74
I like it. Maybe shows what would have come out of the factory after the 5th remake for production. Hand laid carbon fiber is very expensive, that has to be a large part of the build. The first one requires molds and endless reworks to become a finished product.

It is overpriced and I would not buy it, I wish. Maybe this was the test case to make a production run cheaper, lots cheaper, in the future. Kindig did that with his version of the Vette. Factory Vettes are at C8 now, look how they have changed. Each has its fans and haters.
76-914
I'd drive it in a second but way to much for my checking account. If you've ever seen some of the palatial homes owned by a Sheik then you have an idea of where this car might end up. shades.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 25 2023, 08:49 AM) *

I'd drive it in a second but way to much for my checking account. If you've ever seen some of the palatial homes owned by a Sheik then you have an idea of where this car might end up. shades.gif

The land of the Lamborghini police car?
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 25 2023, 10:23 AM) *

I like it. Maybe shows what would have come out of the factory after the 5th remake for production.

Nah, if the 914 had stayed in production for 5 generations it would now be 1.5X larger and 2X heavier.

Zach

ClayPerrine
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Aug 25 2023, 10:03 AM) *

I like it. Maybe shows what would have come out of the factory after the 5th remake for production.

Nah, if the 914 had stayed in production for 5 generations it would now be 1.5X larger and 2X heavier.

Zach

agree.gif

Take a boxster/cayman and put a front end on it that looks like a 914 front end. That would have been the current production 914.

Much bigger and much heavier.. plus watercooled. barf.gif
Root_Werks
Only got as far as the main picture, didn't scroll down or read anything. It's a 914, let it be a 914.
wonkipop
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Aug 25 2023, 09:03 AM) *

Zach

lol-2.gif

but......so true. sad.gif beerchug.gif
(think its called a boxster?)

i hope they tell all the customers who tick the rhd box on the order form they are gunna get a smaller fuel tank for their 440K. smile.gif
campbellcj
I don't "get it" either but am really happy to see things like this being built and there of course are folks with serious money to spend on things that are more unique or custom than the guy/gal next door has. To me this is not all that different vs a 300K Ikon Bronco or a Singer Porsche in concept...people do buy 'em
technicalninja
Tygaboy's LS3 has that whipped!

Look at the foot wells...

Tygaboy's belong in supersonic aircraft.

That car looks "unfinished".

Yes, it has an exposed shifter. Looks crappy and OEM to me

Tygaboy's looks like steam punk art...

Wish I had an extra 75k laying around.

I'd be talking with him today.

And, the real kicker.

The LS3 car was "high school" and the builder has moved onto something that actually has a chance of being worth 400K.

Most likely the Ferrari based car will be a "one only" type of build...
flat4guy
1/2 the price of a Singer
jd74914
It's a nice try-seems expensive, but then again if your donor (or base) is an $80k car, once you add some bespoke body panels and the rest of the rework, costs add up quickly. When you figure a stock restoration could be $100k a full new car at $440k isn't super crazy (not saying it would ever even think of being a buyer laugh.gif ).

Personally, I think plymouth37 with Anklebiter has a much better take on updated 914-much more cohesive than this design. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.