Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What goes here, reflector?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NARP74
Non-stock fiberglass parts are in use in this thread. Some viewers might find these parts offensive. Enter at your own risk. You have been warned!

WARNING: This product can expose you to [Fiberglass], which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.

Yes it is a fiberglass front end. Hate filter turned on. On the car when I bought it, not sure if i will keep it or not, still deciding. It has these pockets that look like they were for a 911 reflector or something. Does anyone have an idea which ones fit in there, 911, 944 Turbo?

These are surely contributing to front end lift at high speed, HAHAHA!

The world flipped the pic, sorry.
Click to view attachment
NARP74
Like these maybe?
https://www.classiceuroparts.com/product/po...-set-1989-1991/
NARP74
I ordered these. I'll see if I can make them fit, or return them.
https://only944.com/partscatalog/only/turnsignal/944-2/
Montreal914
Flipped your picture. smile.gif

Click to view attachment

Maybe share a picture of the whole front will help determining what FG front you have? confused24.gif
JamesM
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Aug 25 2023, 05:05 PM) *

Maybe share a picture of the whole front will help determining what FG front you have? confused24.gif

I agree. whatever got slapped on that car doesn't appear to be a common aftermarket bumper.

Doesent appear to be a grafted 944 turbo/S2 bumper either as those had dual light openings.

Need a picture of the full thing to have any chance at guessing but I believe the answer to your question as to what goes there is:

"nothing on a 914 as it isnt a 914 bumper"
Cairo94507
Please post a picture of the complete front end so we can all consider this. beerchug.gif
NARP74
Y'all are fussy. For the FG haters, move along, nothing to see here. For the no non-stock parts group, likewise. I bought it this way. Not sure if I am keeping it like this or not. I have never seen another one just like this and I have looked quite a bit. I do not know if it is one off or not.

Can't wait to see how the pics change after upload. I did resize and open first, they look fine.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
NARP74
Style cues from a 944 Turbo S2

Click to view attachment
GregAmy
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 26 2023, 04:52 PM) *

Y'all are fussy. For the FG haters, move along, nothing to see here. For the no non-stock parts group, likewise. I bought it this way.

**Pre-turns on "the "hate filter"**

**Posts a photo of a non-stock part asking for support for it**

**Gets mad when someone asks what it's from**

confused24.gif

drunk.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Aug 26 2023, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 26 2023, 04:52 PM) *

Y'all are fussy. For the FG haters, move along, nothing to see here. For the no non-stock parts group, likewise. I bought it this way.

**Pre-turns on "the "hate filter"**

**Posts a photo of a non-stock part asking for support for it**

**Gets mad when someone asks what it's from**

confused24.gif

drunk.gif

Nope not at all. These posts have a tendency to go sideways here. Just trying to keep it on track. I didn't ask if anyone likes it, I'm not sure I do. I just asked what could go in that hole. I even posted a small pic on purpose. I was asked for the larger photo, knowing that it will cause someone to post the vomit icon. Just trying to rise above all that and get straight to an answer, not the drama.
windforfun
I like it, assuming the underlying workmanship is first class. I also like your garage.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
KELTY360
C'mon man, the drama is half the fun. slap.gif

Besides, you were treated pretty well. No one even posted the barf.gif icon.
Craigers17
Click to view attachment
NARP74
@windforfun Thank you
@KELTY360 You had to do it, didn't you
@Craigers17 Thank you
Front yard mechanic
icon8.gif
targa72e
having seen your car and owned many 944 turbos you have the correct part coming, unless you want to change to clear, which generally looks better in my onion with black.

john
ConeDodger
S2/turbo 944
JamesM
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 26 2023, 01:52 PM) *

Y'all are fussy. For the FG haters, move along, nothing to see here. For the no non-stock parts group, likewise. I bought it this way. Not sure if I am keeping it like this or not. I have never seen another one just like this and I have looked quite a bit. I do not know if it is one off or not. Should be at RRC to see it in person.

I dont think anyone is hating, we just have no clue what it is.

Looks 944 ish but isnt 944

Has some similarities to some of the Beachboyz stuff

at this point though your guess is as good any anyone elses.
JamesM
It almost looks like someone took an aftermarket 944/968 fiberglass bumper and adapted it to a 914

found a few different ones similar to this.

Click to view attachment

NARP74
QUOTE(targa72e @ Aug 26 2023, 09:47 PM) *

having seen your car and owned many 944 turbos you have the correct part coming, unless you want to change to clear, which generally looks better in my onion with black.

john

I flipped a coin on that one and went with black. I decided to try and hide it as much as I could. It will never be functional. I do not intend to make them work.
KELTY360
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 26 2023, 05:01 PM) *

You were the one who brought it up. Just trying to make you feel fulfilled. grouphug.gif
NARP74
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Aug 27 2023, 08:52 AM) *

QUOTE(NARP74 @ Aug 26 2023, 05:01 PM) *

You were the one who brought it up. Just trying to make you feel fulfilled. grouphug.gif

I should have said no one sent me $100 dollars! LOL
CCE
A black 914 is always nice…
The add on bumper… well, no need to say nothing else. You can always go back to a 916 type any time. Or better yet stock. You are 4 screws away in the worst case and a couple of hundreds…

The important thing is that you like it I guess. confused24.gif

Can we see the rest of the car?
The garage is nice.
The community response was fun… popcorn[1].gif
brant
It’s not a one off

I used to know a couple other 914’s in Colorado with the same bumper

The Hemmingway car and Alan Ruff’s car
Both were once street cars that went “club racing”
NARP74
QUOTE(CCE @ Aug 27 2023, 02:08 PM) *

A black 914 is always nice…
The add on bumper… well, no need to say nothing else. You can always go back to a 916 type any time. Or better yet stock. You are 4 screws away in the worst case and a couple of hundreds…

The important thing is that you like it I guess. confused24.gif

Can we see the rest of the car?
The garage is nice.
The community response was fun… popcorn[1].gif

The black is a respray, something I do disagree with.
This has more than the stock 4 mounting bolts, some hackery on the wheel well wings, can't see it though.
I'm not married to the front bumper. Thinking of a couple of other options.

Wait till I show you the a$$ end, if I do...
NARP74
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 27 2023, 02:22 PM) *

It’s not a one off

I used to know a couple other 914’s in Colorado with the same bumper

The Hemmingway car and Alan Ruff’s car
Both were once street cars that went “club racing”

Does that make it a three off? I have scoured the net for other pics or company info, no luck. I have actually posted this a couple of times here already asking for info, with less fanfare.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.