Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suby SVX conversion project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
mepstein
I’ve decided to sell my Subaru SVX project. I have 99% of the conversion parts to build the car but it needs some metalwork, assembly and finishing. It’s not a bolt together project but it’s not starting from scratch either. As you can read in the build thread, Scott Amenson had started to assemble the car. He did a top end reseal and tuneup on the engine, converted over the transmission to rwd and assembled the suspension. Everything in the parts list is included. The project is probably 95% complete and I will supply as many of the missing parts as I can find, like windows, locks, etc but there will be some parts that are not included, like interior, trim and hardware that the purchaser will need to obtain to complete the car. If you are interested in purchasing, please ask questions on this thread so everyone can benefit from the answer but feel free to PM me for my number. I’m happy to try to explain the project. A lot of my prices are from 2017-2020 but if something looks off, you are welcome to ask. I’d rather sell the project complete but if it doesn’t move in a month or so, I’ll think about breaking it up. If you want to buy the project to flip or part out, that’s fine with me.
The chassis was a California car, brought to NY, then PA. It has a fair amount surface rust where a previous owner stripped off paint and left the metal bare. It has some rust holes on the outer longs. I believe this was due to dirt packed under the rocker panels and not the typical hell hole rust. I don’t believe the longs are rusting from the inside out. There was a roll bar. I cut it out but the welded on pads remain. The installation was not pretty but it is what it is. The front trunk was cut for dealer a/c. I have a good patch panel to weld in. The worst part is definitely the rear trunk. The PO cut out the bulkhead and welded in the big pipe. Scott had carefully prepared a replacement bulkhead from a parts car but it still needs to be fit and welded in. The bulkhead motor mount is designed after a stock 914-6 mount in the way it holds the engine. It gives superior ground clearance compared with an engine cradle as well as unobstructed space to run headers and exhaust.
The engine shelf on both sides has been cut away by the PO. This is why I thought the chassis would make a good water cooled conversion. It could be put back to stock with a bit of fab and welding but that’s up to the next owner to decide.
Build thread - http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...amp;hl=Smallcar

Chassis with steel flairs and good open title. $2,000

5 lug rear suspension - trailing arms with tangerine racing ebrake $500, new wheel bearings $100, 911 SC hubs & stubs ( hubcentric) $400, SC rotors $100, PMB M calipers $300, new Bilstein sport shocks with 160lb springs $400 - $1,700

5 lug front suspension- 3” struts $400, 911 SC hubs ( hubcentric) $300, new bearings $50, SC rotors $100, PMB M calipers $300, 911 19mm torsion bars $200, 911 a arms $100, 911 cross member $100, 911 turbo tie rods $200, 914 front sway bar $300. Bilstein sport strut inserts $300, lemforder ball joints $150
7x15 cookie cutter wheels $400, strut tops & hardware $100
$3,100

Total - $6,800

EG33 Engine - top end reseal, water pump, belts, gaskets, etc, $1,000, small car header $700, custom bulkhead engine mount $500, engine to chassis harness $750, pressure plate and clutch $400. Custom radiator and fan pack $400
$3,750

5mt Impreza trans $400, axles, starter, locking differential sleeve & rear block off plate $400, cable shifter & Suby shifter - $400 - $1,200

Total - $12,150

Sale price for project $8,995
mepstein
More
mepstein
More
mepstein
More
mepstein
Price reduced to $7,914.

If you are interested in the flared roller with 5 lug suspension but without the engine/trans conversion package, we can talk.

I can deliver within 200 miles. I do have a transport guy who will deliver to the east coast and east of the Rockies for a reasonable fee.
mepstein
A couple people have asked me about breaking up the project. Here’s what I came up with.

Entire project $7,914
Engine, trans & conversion parts $2,914
Chassis with suspension $4,914
Chassis without suspension $1,914
76-914
I'm thankful that I haven't completed and sold the '76 or I'd be all over this. Whomever buys this is getting a serious discount if they're smart enough to buy the whole enchilada. BTW Mark, that's a MR2 shifter. GLWS. beerchug.gif
SLKWrx
Hey man,

Would you sell the front and rear suspension all together?
mepstein
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Aug 29 2023, 07:35 PM) *

Hey man,

Would you sell the front and rear suspension all together?

Only if someone wants the chassis. I lived with it as a chassis on the floor and it’s a pain. Plus, I can use all the suspension parts in another build. However, you are welcome to buy the roller and sell off the chassis. Even with the needed repairs, you already have $1k worth of steel flares and most shops will charge $3-4k to weld them on. The rest of the repairs are an easy diy for an amateur welder.
The car is at my shop in Chadds Ford. Looks like you are only ~22 miles away. Just let me know when to drop it off. biggrin.gif
Chris H.
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 29 2023, 10:11 AM) *

I'm thankful that I haven't completed and sold the '76 or I'd be all over this. Whomever buys this is getting a serious discount if they're smart enough to buy the whole enchilada. BTW Mark, that's a MR2 shifter. GLWS. beerchug.gif

agree.gif you're killing me man....if I was closer I'd be interested in the conversion stuff.

SOMEONE please buy everything...I'm getting weaker by the day beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 30 2023, 10:15 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 29 2023, 10:11 AM) *

agree.gif you're killing me man....if I was closer I'd be interested in the conversion stuff.

SOMEONE please buy everything...I'm getting weaker by the day beerchug.gif

Buy the conversion parts and I’ll work with you pay for shipping. Shifter, cold water cable shift, clutch & flywheel, chassis conversion harness engine mount, radiator. & fan,headers, transmission parts, sway away axles, etc
New water pump and other parts.
mepstein
Bump
technicalninja
Sent PM.
Tempting... devil.gif
76-914
QUOTE(technicalninja @ Aug 31 2023, 06:27 AM) *

Sent PM.
Tempting... devil.gif

Do it Rick. These cars will blow you away with the Subaru 6. That 3.3 is rebuildable if you're thinking long term. And a huge Alt & AC is a plus with these conversions. beerchug.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 31 2023, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(technicalninja @ Aug 31 2023, 06:27 AM) *

Sent PM.
Tempting... devil.gif

Do it Rick. These cars will blow you away with the Subaru 6. That 3.3 is rebuildable if you're thinking long term. And a huge Alt & AC is a plus with these conversions. beerchug.gif

Rick doesn’t want the Suby parts, just the roller - fine with me. Suby parts are a nice “kit” that will save someone a year chasing down parts and selling at a big discount over retail. Just the headers were $700, oil pan $300, axles, $250, conversion harness $700, cableshift $250, engine mount, etc, etc.
mepstein
Entire project, $6,995
ndfrigi
wow! no takers?
mepstein
I planned on building a similar looking car to this one without the cut down top. If the market is too soft to sell, I may restart/move forward with the build.
ndfrigi
yes sir just finish your plan for this car and enjoy it before selling it on a better price too!
76-914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 1 2023, 07:33 PM) *

I planned on building a similar looking car to this one without the cut down top. If the market is too soft to sell, I may restart/move forward with the build.

I, for one, would love to see you complete this project. beerchug.gif
mepstein
Entire project now $6,500.

I took some pics of the underside of the flares. Welding seems to be very good.
rhodyguy
That low roof black car had over a 100k into it when 100k meant something.
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 5 2023, 03:29 PM) *

I just have too many projects and not enough space. I want to do more than just store project cars for the next couple years.
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 5 2023, 01:26 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 5 2023, 03:29 PM) *

I just have too many projects and not enough space. I want to do more than just store project cars for the next couple years.

Hi Mark,

I sent you an Email

Best, Bob Burton
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.