Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dash Switch Inserts - Image database
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Looking around on the web I don't see most of these as available any more and some of the prices for used are in the stratosphere.

Lets start a thread on good examples of the inserts we have in order to develop examples of what we need, in hope of future reproduction. If you know of a source to buy new, please post the link.

From 1974 2.0L VIN 4742914536:
Shivers
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Second cigar lighter is from latter 911.
JeffBowlsby
Is this a 914 original and if so what year is it from? Looks like later 911 also - the rubber ring ridging pattern is the same as the 911 cigar lighter.
Geezer914
75 914. Electric windshield washer pump switch was custom made.Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Interesting headlight switch Geezer. The rubber ridged ring looks like the later 911 type.
914Sixer
75-76 had the Lights top and bottom. 70-74 had just the headlight. Ridges on rubber pulls varied by supplier at the time. Flasher insert variations
NotLance
All my inserts were cracked and destroyed when I got my car,

You can 3D print 'close enough' ones for the people who don't need the off the factory floor look and just need something to work.

Didn't have access to a lathe when I made them but might redo it in aluminum one day.

Click to view attachment

And I have now realized my Fog Light switch is sitting at an angle. (And maybe should be green?)
Shivers
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 29 2023, 08:18 AM) *

Is this a 914 original and if so what year is it from? Looks like later 911 also - the rubber ring ridging pattern is the same as the 911 cigar lighter.

She was 10 when I got her. Rubber knob is 72’ 914 but the insert for the head lamps and cig lighter was purchased from George in the 80’s I think...Maybe late 80’s.
BillJ
From my 75. Green switch i added for an extra set of driving lights.
Shivers
QUOTE(BillJ @ Aug 29 2023, 01:13 PM) *

From my 75. Green switch i added for an extra set of driving lights.

Nice!
TJB/914
smile.gif Great Post Jeff.

Here is a collection of knobs, & switches I am ready to post in FS.
My question: How to price these things??
$-Low?? to $-High?? (Market Price)

Tom
TJB/914
popcorn[1].gif
wonkipop
irrelevant trivia (unless folks like tricking their USA 914s to look euro. stirthepot.gif )

there were a few variations on the emergency light flasher for ROW.
might have depended on the country too, not sure.

the flasher def started out as a plain dark red knob that illuminated and flashed red.

from UK owner manual.
Click to view attachment

french owner manual.
Click to view attachment

early UK car. (crayfords rhd).
Click to view attachment

and looks like somewhere around 73 changed into red with just a triangle symbol.
(pretty sure my old 73 VW type 3 squareback, aussie market had this same flasher).

73 2,0 UK market(crayfords rhd).
Click to view attachment

Japan market 75
Click to view attachment

wonkipop
the ronson was the "international passport to smoking pleasure".

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.