Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the Fuch?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
Checkout the lug patterns on the Fuchs on this car. Either I’m going blind or it shows standard 5 lug in some pics and early VW wide pattern 5 lug in others. I’m not sure how that could even happen unless some adapters were used. Are my eyes lying to me?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335010288578?mkcid...&media=COPY
Dlee6205
It looks like the sideview might be a reflection off the brake rotor? It does look deceiving though.
Freezin 914
I agree, they do seem far apart….
poorsche914
That's some funky photoshopping going on. Notice location of the petals... they are not the same from the angle views vs side views. And it looks to me the front/rear on driver side were swapped rear/front on passenger side. blink.gif

driving.gif
Bullethead
Those are the extremely rare wide 5 option. Seriously wonder about what the seller is thinking... huh.gif
friethmiller
I'm sorry but this photo has been "manipulated". And poorly, I must add. Must be trying to hide something.

Click to view attachment
davep
Yes, something very odd there. Proper Fuchs type sometimes and definitely not Fuchs another; on the SAME side. One would have to verify what actual wheels one is getting. I have a bad vibe on this outfit.
Fuchs style
Click to view attachment
what the?? the cut-outs between the petals give these away
Click to view attachment
nditiz1
I have seen this car in person about a month ago as the shop is 30 mins from my house. The car went through a restoration over 10 years back. It is "ok" and should not be commanding the money they are asking. The "Flemings Garage" have nice employees, but they are salesmen through and through. They do have a resto shop below the garage that works on the cars that come in.

As far as the wheels the 2 pics with wide 5 are photoshop. Not sure why they used those pics. It looks bad.

Anyone looking to potentially buy this car should see it in person as it does have some bubbling in the paint in areas. While they are cosmetic and wouldn't greatly detract from enjoying the car it does drop it down from even the price they are currently listing of 20k. I have a feeling they over paid for the car when they bought it.
914Sixer
Wheels are 17" But the pattern is Early VW. Must have some sort of adapters.
JeffBowlsby
The ad says they are 15" Maxilite Aluminum Wheels, but I wonder if they are some kind of wheel cover? They just look wrong in every way.
poorsche914
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 31 2023, 09:22 AM) *

Even the reflection is wrong barf.gif
Shivers
It is a photoshop job. Some pics show 5 wide ,but on the same side of the car in a different pic it is showing 5x130. The reflections are poorly done. What is this, is it a real ad or is someone funning us?
SirAndy
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 31 2023, 05:06 AM) *

That's some funky photoshopping going on. Notice location of the petals... they are not the same from the angle views vs side views. And it looks to me the front/rear on driver side were swapped rear/front on passenger side. blink.gif

driving.gif

agree.gif
sixnotfour
I have some Fake Fuchs,, Wide Five Casting ,, Drilled 5x130...
Shivers
Upgraded rear 916 trunk spoiler w/power trunk release

Gotta get me one of those. Oh wait...916’s didn’t have one. Sure this isn’t a joke
Maury4
QUOTE(Shivers @ Aug 31 2023, 05:39 PM) *

Upgraded rear 916 trunk spoiler w/power trunk release

Gotta get me one of those. Oh wait...916’s didn’t have one. Sure this isn’t a joke

I think Empi made some in the 70 for the VW crowd.

Rick
Root_Werks
I bet those are photo shopped on Fuchs.

You can buy Fuchs with VW wide-5 pattern.

https://www.jbugs.com/product/10-1110-4.htm...BCABEgIptvD_BwE
rhodyguy
Better make sure you like them and they will bolt up ok as there are no returns after tires are mounted. The thick looking ‘chrome’ outer ends look goofy.
flat4guy
That's a VW bug wide 5 bolt pattern used through 67
sixnotfour
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Sep 2 2023, 07:44 PM) *

That's a VW bug wide 5 bolt pattern used through 67

After Market has done all kinds of Variables,,, I have wide Five Castings Drilled to 5 x 130
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.