Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 Conversion Engine Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Detroit
So, I'm close to having my 3.0L put back together, and will be needing a new harness. Carbureted. 123 distributor. I assume somebody out there is making such things? Any recommendations for you guys that have trod this path before?
I have looked through the sources on the sticky page. It looks like Kroon offers some options. And maybe YNZ?...
Thanks in advance.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Detroit @ Aug 31 2023, 08:49 AM) *

So, I'm close to having my 3.0L put back together, and will be needing a new harness. Carbureted. 123 distributor. I assume somebody out there is making such things? Any recommendations for you guys that have trod this path before?
I have looked through the sources on the sticky page. It looks like Kroon offers some options. And maybe YNZ?...
Thanks in advance.

@ironhillrestorations

Perry makes really good conversion harnesses.
Detroit
Thanks, Clay. I contacted Perry awhile back. He agreed to build me a harness, but shortly thereafter informed me that he's got a (lack of) workshop issue. Apparently, he's in the midst of moving...
mepstein
I wouldn’t give up on Perry. He’s known as one of the best for this. If he can’t do it, Timmy on pelican is another go to guy.
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 31 2023, 09:31 AM) *

I wouldn’t give up on Perry. He’s known as one of the best for this. If he can’t do it, Timmy on pelican is another go to guy.

If Perry can’t do it you could easily adapt the one RD makes
mlindner
I also used Perry for my 2.2S with PMO's. Not only did he build a great harness, he also supplied a great diagram of all the connection. Just plug and play which I needed, auto wiring is not my calling. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Detroit
Thanks for the input, fellas. My hope is that Perry starts back up once his housing situation is sorted, but... I need to be prepared.
Steve
I made my own before the Internet and before anyone offered one for both my 2.7 with webers and current 3.2. I dumped the relay board and bought the connector from Zimms to connect to the 14 pin plug on the relay box. 911.612.113.05
The rest was stare and compare the wiring diagrams in the Haynes 911 and 914 manuals.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
restoration design is making very nice harnesses now
nditiz1
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 1 2023, 06:56 AM) *

I made my own before the Internet and before anyone offered one for both my 2.7 with webers and current 3.2. I dumped the relay board and bought the connector from Zimms to connect to the 14 pin plug on the relay box. 911.612.113.05
The rest was stare and compare the wiring diagrams in the Haynes 911 and 914 manuals.

This is the way to do it.
Spoke
So would Perry be making harnesses for a 930? I'm dropping the engine and want to renew all the electrical wires.
mepstein
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 1 2023, 08:53 PM) *

So would Perry be making harnesses for a 930? I'm dropping the engine and want to renew all the electrical wires.

There are a couple vendors making stock harnesses. I would check with RD. They list their current harnesses on their site. If they don’t make it, talk to Pete about sending him your harness so he can copy and reproduce.
Steve
Patrick Motorsports also makes the 3.2 and 3.6 harnesses. The 3.6 was more complicated than my 2.7 and 3.2, so I bought the 3.6 PMS harness.
IronHillRestorations
Unfortunately I am on an involuntary hiatus. We had been looking for a different house for over a year and when we found one we sold ours and the seller of the new house backed out two weeks before closing so we had to put everything in storage and get an apartment. We’re looking at anything that comes close to our needs but the local inventory is very slim.
We put in an offer yesterday and have fingers crossed.

I will get back in action as soon as we get something, but it’s frustrating.

@Spoke Dennis Powell is your man for the 930 harness PM sent
IronHillRestorations
@Detroit PM sent
Kurt4533
Hi,

do not go for Kroon. A lot of mistakes in the harness (wrong colors, pins, terminal connections,...)
I bought whole harness and ended up to rebuilt the harness because of production mistakes.
Service is really bad!!! And also documetation can not get worse....

kind regards
Kurt

QUOTE(Detroit @ Aug 31 2023, 07:49 AM) *

Thanks in advance.

gerakroo
Ok Kurt4533, before posting such a bad review it would probably be nice to inform us about it first. As a new member (and only 2 days old) I would start my first posting a bit more friendly.Your message surprises us, especially because we have never heard any complaints from you before and we therefore have no idea who you are based on your profile name. In the exceptional case that something is wrong with our wiring harness, we would like to do our best to solve this, but you must offer us the opportunity to do so. We have been producing wiring harnesses for all types of classic Porsche (including the 914) for many years and are proud of all our good reviews. We have the most renowned names as clients, including many Porsche Classic Centers all over the world. We always use original color wiring and where these are no longer available they are always reproduced exclusively for us. So we are very curious to hear from you the further details regarding the "bad" wire harness (and service?) we supplied!

Gerard Kroon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.