Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Needed: COLOR 914/6 wiring schematic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I recall there being a source for color 914/6 diagrams. Where can I get one, or access to one?

Hi Mike smile.gif wavey.gif
ArtechnikA
914.6 wiring diagram thread

Art Zapf has (or had) them.

i've got one from Art, well worth the $35 IMHO.
if that source doesn't pan out lemme know and we'll see about scanning you something.

it's a C or D-size sheet (big) ...
Gint
agree.gif

What Rich said. Art Zapf is the only place I know to get one. That doesn't mean it is the only pace, but... I've been meaning to get one for years now. I do have a B+W that is color coded Jeff. I can send you a link tonight if it will help.
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Rich (and Mike)! 7 minutes.... biggrin.gif

There are a couple of unknown wires on your harness Mike, I figure the schematic may help ID them so they can be repaired. I will see about getting you a color version too and just send it to you with your harness. I will contact Art and see about getting his schematics.
djm914-6
Please keep us posted. I could really use a schematic as I think I'm doing more harm than good right now. Shoot, even a good B&W one would be better than nothing.

edit: what format do/ did these come in? If it's a DWG, I'm golden. Even a BMP or JPG would be ok and I could redraw it with autoCAD.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (djm914-6 @ Aug 17 2005, 04:23 PM)
what format do/ did these come in? If it's a DWG, I'm golden.

ink on paper...

i'll see if i can scan mine for you, but it's BIG so there will be a tradeoff between filesize and resolution. if there was ever an owners-manual size version like was in the 911 manuals of the era, i've never seen one

is there a specific area you're interested in ?
djm914-6
I have access to a 3' wide scanner, so paper is fine too. I think I can create a jpg or at least a tiff.
ArtechnikA
are you coming to the ECR?
i could consider loaning it, but i'd be really unhappy if anything happened to it...
JeffBowlsby
I have called Art, no response as of yet. I am told he doesn't do email much, so I thought a phone call was the faster way.

Dave/Rich...Art went to alot of trouble to create this graphic, why not just buy it assuming its available? I sincerely doubt he would distribute a CAD file too. I am sure he would not be excited about it if someone was knocking off copies. You are both artists...I am sure you get my drift....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Aug 18 2005, 10:10 AM)
I have called Art, no response as of yet.  I am told he doesn't do email much, so I thought a phone call was the faster way.  

Dave/Rich...Art went to alot of trouble to create this graphic, why not just buy it assuming its available?

i didn't call; i didn't email. i just sent a check, and someone sent me the diagram.

i've repeatedly said i've bought one, recommended that others do the same, and said it's well worth the money.

i'm not interested in redistributing anything.

i offered to loan my copy to Dave (only) to help with his electrical troubles. i'd trust him not to redistribute any scan he made for his own use.

i've scanned the color wiring diagrams that came in my 911 workshop manual and owner's manual because i can zoom them in big when i'm trying to trace an individual circuit, and i can use hardcopies in the shop without smudging my originals. i put that into the "fair use" category.

so, yeah, Dave oughtta buy his own, but i'd loan him a copy of my Haynes manual if he needed it to get his car running.
djm914-6
You are correct, if something already exists and is available, then that will be fine. But if it's no longer available but a B&W copy can be had, why not recreate another using that B&W as a referance? Plus, I'd like to be able to pring off either a copy to use in the garage with out the orignal getting ruined or plot just the area I need at the time in a size that best suits me. I also want a HUGE copy to hang up. Yes, I am a geek.
Joe Bob
Guy on the 356 list does them...Charley White? goes by derwhite...something or other...lemme look.
Joe Bob
Here he is....

Der White

He posted once in the resources page but I couldn't find it and the club's search function seems to be FUBARed.
ArtechnikA
Charlie White.

offers the 914 Exploded Parts Diagram here, but i haven't seen any other 914 documents.

has an extensive 356 website -- actually - a whole bunch of them, so i couldn't post a single URL if i wanted to - i found about a dozen in my archives!
type47fan
I bought one from Art and one from someone on this board. Both are great, in color showing connectors, etc. I'm on vacation at Lake Tahoe this week, but will be back home Sunday night. I'll look for the file when I get home.

Thanks,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.