Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just plain mean
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Haters gonna hate!
Superhawk996
Do people still waste time reading Jalponik?
windforfun
A friend of mine just sent me a link to this. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Superhawk996
Typical Jalopnik stromberg.gif literally found in 10 seconds or less over there.

Sure I’ll take advice from a website like Jalopnik that publishes a guy like this . . . av-943.gif
Click to view attachment
Ottomotion
EVERY time I take my 914 out, people's comments are positive.

Suck it, Jalopnik
mgphoto
Took my car to class today, 20 degrees cooler. I’m sitting in the car, in the parking structure, a couple of young guys getting into a Kia suv, one of them says look it’s one of those fake porches, I just laughed.
KELTY360
Ironically, it looks to be a 914-6 with rare Mahle gasburners. He doesn't deserve such an "unsporty" sports car. Couldn't afford it anyway.
JeffBowlsby
I’ve always thought this kind of reverse publicity helps ‘hide’ our cars away from the mainstream car guy crowd for us to appreciate, keeping prices comparatively affordable. Even the hardcore P-car crowd generally ignore us. Their loss!
wonkipop
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 1 2023, 10:28 PM) *

I’ve always thought this kind of reverse publicity helps ‘hide’ our cars away from the mainstream car guy crowd for us to appreciate, keeping prices comparatively affordable. Even the hardcore P-car crowd generally ignore us. Their loss!

i endorse those comments. beerchug.gif

( i suspect the jalopnik author wrote that article to keep the prices down so he can still afford to buy one. in fact i think everyone who has ever panned the 914 has exactly that agenda?). biggrin.gif
Shivers
Ha, that is a love letter compared to the slings and arrows of the 80’s. And just like then I choose to ignore them
930cabman
There are many idiots out there with nothing better to do with their time screwy.gif screwy.gif
Spoke
I can agree with the article when the 914 first came out. It was underpowered (except the 914/6), rusted out quickly, and was basically a VW.

However these many years later, it is a fantastic car and great platform to modify and make it your own.
TMM914
It’s an odd thing……….when I drive the 914 people smile,wave,let me in traffic,come and ask about it……and I enjoy being a different than anything else on the road.
When I take the 996 out…….yes it’s an amazing car…….but none of the other thing happen.The 914 has a soul….l love it for what it is!!!!!!
76-914
Just consider the source. shades.gif
arbitrary
QUOTE(windforfun @ Sep 2 2023, 04:13 AM) *

A friend of mine just sent me a link to this. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

And many of them stink.
Jett
QUOTE(TMM914 @ Sep 2 2023, 06:16 AM) *

It’s an odd thing……….when I drive the 914 people smile,wave,let me in traffic,come and ask about it……and I enjoy being a different than anything else on the road.
When I take the 996 out…….yes it’s an amazing car…….but none of the other thing happen.The 914 has a soul….l love it for what it is!!!!!!

+1 take out the 996 TT and it draws little attention, but the 914 or 928 draw a lot of attention.
Cairo94507
I rather like that our cars are still unappreciated by some (fools) who have never driven or ridden in one. Quickest way to change one of these nay-sayers' minds is to take them for a ride. beerchug.gif
914werke
QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 2 2023, 07:00 AM) *
+1 take out the 996 TT and it draws little attention, but the 914 or 928 draws a lot of attention.

happy11.gif drooley.gif first.gif yes big brilliant red Porsche's in spectacular condition do tend to attract attention!
mepstein
I could care less if people don’t like the 914. If anything, I always appreciated the low opinion of the car. It let me buy them cheap.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 2 2023, 06:36 AM) *

I rather like that our cars are still unappreciated by some (fools) who have never driven or ridden in one. Quickest way to change one of these nay-sayers' minds is to take them for a ride. beerchug.gif

It's just like the 356, I routinely get people telling me it's a hopped up VW. I ask a question I already know the answer to.
"Have you ever driven a 356?"

And if they keep arguing I ask them how many VW's have won at Le Man.
windforfun
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 2 2023, 12:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 2 2023, 06:36 AM) *

It's just like the 356, I routinely get people telling me it's a hopped up VW. I ask a question I already know the answer to.
"Have you ever driven a 356?"

And if they keep arguing I ask them how many VW's have won at Le Man.

There are tons of dumb people out there, not to mention stupid. Didn't the 356 start the revolution?

Front yard mechanic
You realize jaloponik forces their writers to crap out four stories a day and there’s only so much interesting stories about Elons electric buses so they have to pick on someone!
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Sep 2 2023, 10:35 PM) *

You realize jaloponik forces their writers to crap out four stories a day and there’s only so much interesting stories about Elons electric buses so they have to pick on someone!

So true.

And let’s not forget Jalopnik’s parent company (G/O Media) has already published AI generated stories. Eventually they won’t even need those inexperienced and ignorant Jalopnik scribes to stromberg.gif out their usual low grade “content”. The writing is on the wall for those guys.
Superhawk996
Click to view attachment

Quantity over quality is what G/O Media wants and gets.
rhodyguy
Some of the “best staffers”…best. Like they wrote for Sunset or GQ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.