Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Frunk Release Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
Can someone please confirm if this is the correct routing for the frunk release cable? 1970 914-6 if it matters.

It is the same path as the old one, but it was broken and appeared to short. I wonder if it had been re-routed.
Click to view attachment

The frunk release cable and sheath kit I got appears too long. The white sheath by about 4 inches. The cable by about 24 inches. Are they intentionally oversized and meant to be trimmed?
Click to view attachment

Thanks.
Shivers
Just let me know if you need more. 1972 4 cylinder
NARP74
Can't comment on the 6 v 4 issue. I did route mine to the outside of the headlight drain tube, fender side, not frunk side. Mine was just right for both the cable and sheath after a little tweaking, getting the sheath in the hold downs and pulling the slack out of the cable and then retighten it a time or two after use.
fixer34
I'll go take pictures of my '70 factory 6 tomorrow if you want. As far as I remember, the housing/tube/cable have never been out of the car.
If I recall, looks a lot like Shivers
DennisV
QUOTE(Shivers @ Sep 3 2023, 08:30 AM) *

Just let me know if you need more. 1972 4 cylinder

Photos were very helpful. Thank you! I think I missed routing to the small hole near the front of the driver's fender. That took up some of the excess length in the sheath.

I still have about 20 inches of extra length in the cable. I guess I'll just trim it off?

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Sep 3 2023, 04:57 PM) *

I'll go take pictures of my '70 factory 6 tomorrow if you want. As far as I remember, the housing/tube/cable have never been out of the car.
If I recall, looks a lot like Shivers

I would welcome photos from a '70 6. I notice that some of the body panels are slightly different from the later model 4.
DennisV
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Sep 4 2023, 10:34 AM) *

Here you go. From the bulkhead to the latch.

Super helpful. Thanks for taking time to post these. beer.gif

I was tempted to route behind that vertical tube underneath the headlight, but I see yours is not.
DennisV
What is the correct route and / or bend for the end of the wire at the latch? I tried searching the forum and some Google image searches, but couldn't find an example.

Click to view attachment
fixer34
Yea, I really should clean it up. Looks like just snip the cable with a little excess.
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.