Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 Porsche 914 2.0 - Survivor - Original Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jagalyn
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 Liter. 100% Original Paint Survivor.
No Rust. Perfect Original Interior, Runs, Drives and Shifts Perfect.
All Standard 2.0 Liter Appearance Package Options including Sway Bars and Console
Never been hit. Never been rusted. 100% original patina.

Original Silver Paint. Clear Coat burned off on all horizontal surfaces. Clear Coat crystalized on all vertical surfaces.
All panels front, side and back are 100% consistent and original paint. A true survivor and pristine body.

Car was put into storage in Oregon in 1993. It was removed from storage 21 years later in 2014.
Car has original fuel injection with new injectors, wheel bearings, pads, rotors and Bridgestone RE960AS Tires within the last 6000 miles.

600 miles on complete mechanical rebuild. No expense spared. Car is mechanically perfect.
Receipts for over $30,000 spent on mechanical rebuild in the last 9 months.

Complete Engine Rebuild by Further Performance $14,000
Transmission Rebuild by GBox Colorado $4,000
New Clutch and Pressure Plate
Tangerine Racing Stainless Steel Fuel Lines
Jeff Bowlsby Fuel Injection Wiring Harness
New Bilstein Shocks and Struts
Powder Coat all Engine Tin, Engine Mount, Heater Boxes
Ceramic Coat Original Heat Exchangers and Muffler
New Clutch Cable and Housing
Rebuilt Relay Panel
Rebuilt Distributor
New Fuel Pump
A
$38,500 $34,500

Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
windforfun
How many miles are on the odometer? How old are the tires? Is there a spare, & if so, how old is it? Is there a cover panel for the spare? How's the seat vinyl? Are there any cracks in the dashboard? Any oil leaks? Thanks.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
jagalyn
How many miles are on the odometer? 117,000 but the odometer does not work.
The car lived its whole life in Oregon until 2018 when I bought it.

How old are the tires? 2017 with less than 6000 miles

Is there a spare, how old is it? Spare is same age as the other 4 tires.

Is there a cover panel for the spare? Yes. All factory items are present throughout the car.

How's the seat vinyl? Perfect.

Are there any cracks in the dashboard? None.

Any oil leaks? None.

Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
This looks be a real gem; good luck with the sale. beerchug.gif
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Click to view attachment
jagalyn
Someone had asked about the Porsche stripes on the rocker panel covers. They are original dealer installed when new and are in a similar condition as the rest of the car. Very, very original.

Open to offers. Would prefer to sell before winter sets in.
jagalyn
Drove this car last night for a few hours... amazing. Still makes me smile.
Someone is going to get a really well sorted and original car.
windforfun
popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
jagalyn
Still available. Open to offers.
jagalyn
Price Reduced $34,500
jagalyn
In the early 70’s the European Union and the US EPA were cracking down on solvents in paints and clear coat finishes. Car companies were trying to come up with alternatives. Many cars in the early 70’s that were painted with metallic silver failed within the first few years… Mercedes, Porsche, BMW, GM. The replacement for solvent based clear coat just did not hold up. Most if not all of these cars required a repaint within the first 5 years.

If you see a silver 911 or 914 of that vintage in excellent shape it has been repainted. The fact that this car was not ever repainted throughout its entire life is what attracted me to it. I knew with absolute 100% certainty that this car has never been in an accident, never been hit, never been rusted. If you buy a 50 year old car with a shiny paint job, you just have no idea of what has been done to the car over the last 50 years… could have rust repair, could have panel replacements, could have bondo… you just never know. With this car, you know exactly what you have.The car is solid. It is also mechanically sound and structurally perfect. It is the perfect driver as is. In my opinion it has two values.

The first as a survivor. To the collector who wants a car they can drive, not just own… and know that it is perfectly 100% original with no damage or rust history, and mechanically sound… this is the car.

The second is the owner who wants to know with 100% certainty that if he invests in his car, he has a rock solid original car that has a pristine body and is mechanically sound. An already painted/restored car can hide many imperfections and/or previous damage/rust repair. In addition, this car has no defects in the ‘hell hole’ or the rocker panels or other areas 914’s are known for corrosion. This car is mechanically and 100% structurally perfect.
orthobiz
Hey Jeff, it's Paul. Thought I'd chime in and thank you for the help you gave me when I bought my 1974 1.8 Phoenix Red car back in 2008.

For those of you looking at this car I can vouch that jagalyn really knows his stuff, he's a long time multiple 914 owner and if he says it's good, it's good!

GLWS

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.