Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is this an actual 914 Porsche-made part?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Craigers17
I recently acquired a very small 914 parts stash. This piece was included, but I'm not even sure it's a 914 part. It looks like it's designed to go into the flat part of the center console, but I don't have a center console to test fit. I've never seen this type of leather boot accompanied by another leather boot which LOOKS to be for the heat lever???? I'm no parts expert, so I'm posting here to see if this looks like it's something that someone made as a one-off or maybe it was a center console option(doubtful)?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mate914
Yes.

Matt

QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Sep 10 2023, 12:10 PM) *

I recently acquired a very small 914 parts stash. This piece was included, but I'm not even sure it's a 914 part. It looks like it's designed to go into the flat part of the center console, but I don't have a center console to test fit. I've never seen this type of leather boot accompanied by another leather boot which LOOKS to be for the heat lever???? I'm no parts expert, so I'm posting here to see if this looks like it's something that someone made as a one-off or maybe it was a center console option(doubtful)?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cairo94507
I have never seen one with the 2nd boot for the heater lever; appears it may have been "customized". beerchug.gif
FlacaProductions
agree.gif
Chris914n6
The black board is likely original 914 center console, but the vinyl and boots are DIY. The factory heater lever hole was a slit with a plastic trim piece.
burton73
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 10 2023, 09:27 AM) *

The black board is likely original 914 center console, but the vinyl and boots are DIY. The factory heater lever hole was a slit with a plastic trim piece.

agree.gif

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.