Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drive down to SLO
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NotLance
The car has finally come down with me from the bay to sunny San Luis Obisbo for school year two! - Unfortunately just before the 9/16 event sad.gif

Click to view attachment

The drive was great - my parents helped out with the move using our camper. (Which is another old piece of kit)

Click to view attachment

Racing the Amtrack (which I won ) driving.gif

Click to view attachment

I am very impressed with how great my car performed, and can't wait to get some good driving in.

Looking for some good roads around campus/surrounding area if anyone knows any.

Click to view attachment

JeffBowlsby
Whatcha studying in SLOtown @NotLance [as in Armstrong?]
MartyYeoman
Contact Geoff (Strawman) he put together some very nice drives in the area when he organized WCR 2021.
sb914
Nice lance! Hope everything’s going good…
NotLance
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 13 2023, 08:26 PM) *

Whatcha studying in SLOtown @NotLance [as in Armstrong?]

Working on a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Wrenching on the 914 was a large factor in realizing it was what I wanted to pursue.

Also starting work in the on-campus machine shops which should be a lot of fun!

(And although I road bike I think I'll stay out of the Triathalon game)
NotLance
QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ Sep 13 2023, 09:12 PM) *

Contact Geoff (Strawman) he put together some very nice drives in the area when he organized WCR 2021.

Will do! I met him during last year's WCR (Brookings) and think I still have his contact info.
NotLance
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 14 2023, 04:21 AM) *

Nice lance! Hope everything’s going good…

Car is running stronger than ever! (though not as strong as a certain red water cooler biggrin.gif ).

Starting my second year which will be keeping me busy but will hopefully be able to bike and drive around.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(NotLance @ Sep 14 2023, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(MartyYeoman @ Sep 13 2023, 09:12 PM) *

Will do! I met him during last year's WCR (Brookings) and think I still have his contact info.

I've sent along Geoff's contact info in a PM.
euro911
Eliott Canon also resides in SLO - although he got 86'd from 'WORLD' a few years ago dry.gif ... He still does the Rt-66 Runs with the group every year driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.