Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dr. Evil's Tranny Pick Up Service
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Im heading on a long trip this Sat and figured Id offer to pick up transmissions if people wanted me to. Im going from Loveland, OH to Milwaukee, WI and back.

Im already dropping off one customers transmission in Chicago (he was pleased at this news. Saved him a trip). DM me if you can meet me along this route and want me to pick up your box to rebuild.
Spoke
Sounds like a nice road trip. I'm going to be looking your way in a few months when I drop the engine in the 930. It's an '86 and shifts well but I think the trans a least needs resealed.

The only issue I have with it is when it's really cold out, it is really difficult to get it into 2nd gear. Not sure if this is trans or linkage related.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Spoke @ Sep 14 2023, 08:43 PM) *

Sounds like a nice road trip. I'm going to be looking your way in a few months when I drop the engine in the 930. It's an '86 and shifts well but I think the trans a least needs resealed.

The only issue I have with it is when it's really cold out, it is really difficult to get it into 2nd gear. Not sure if this is trans or linkage related.

I have a 1980 930 I am currently rebuilding. It was left outside behind a barn and the ring gear could not be saved so we need a good R/P for it. I got you if you bring it here. The cost of parts for 930 is nuts! Way more than 915, 901.
bahnzai
Mike, I think I have a spare 930 ring and pinion. I will check and let you know the ratio, standard I think.
Let me know. I could bring it to Okteenerfest.
Danny
mepstein
If I had known… I just sold a good 930 r&p set on eBay.
Dr Evil
@bahnzai that would be great!

@mepstein I saw yours and the pics made it looks like it had corrosion, which is the whole reason I’m needing to change this one.
mepstein
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Sep 15 2023, 11:13 AM) *

@bahnzai that would be great!

@mepstein I saw yours and the pics made it looks like it had corrosion, which is the whole reason I’m needing to change this one.

Maybe just my mediocre photography
seanery
Hey do 74, 465, 70, 65...much better (quicker) than 74, 465, 65 maybe 30 minutes or more.

And you'll pass within 5 minutes of my house.

74 West, 465 North, 70 West, 65 North (just outside of downtown)
bahnzai
Hey Mike, apologies, I have turned things upside down, but not been able to find that ring and pinion yet. I am headed out of town, so I will talk to you at Okteenerfest, and make another search after that. Sorry! I should have had it in hand before I piped up!
mb911
Man if only if I had provided the parts for you to finish mine. Oh well
Dr Evil
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 17 2023, 07:25 PM) *

Man if only if I had provided the parts for you to finish mine. Oh well

I would love to get yours done, out of its box, and off of my shop floor wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.