Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Targa top for an SC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Freezin 914
Looking for a place to rework/ restore a targa top for a friends SC. Any recommendations?
Bullethead
Everyone seems to think Targa Dan is the best, but when he restored the top for our '68 Targa, it looked good but a metal repair was done poorly. Pricey ($1700!!) and a locating pin broke the second time the top was removed.

I ended up taking it apart and repairing it myself. Everything is available for DIY if you're inclined, they aren't complicated. Or try Aase, they offer all the parts as well as resto service.

https://www.aasesales.com/products/new-targ...ioning-services
TomE
We redid mine too. It aint pretty compared to a brand new one but we did learn a lot. It also didn't cost $1700.00? Oh it doesn't leak and it still folds up nice. For $1700.00 I would buy a hard top.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Dave is a perfectionist

Dave Brown
targa tops
6186 Gale Drive

Boulder, CO 80303
Bullethead
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 15 2023, 12:25 PM) *

Dave is a perfectionist

Dave Brown
targa tops
6186 Gale Drive

Boulder, CO 80303

See that he is well regarded on ESR, Rennlist and the Bird with several recommendations. Is he more reasonably priced than Dan?
eric9144
I had one done back when I had a targa at Auto's International (well known for interior work) in Escondido (San Diego) CA and it was very, very well done. They're not known for being inexpensive: https://www.porschetopsandinteriors.net/
Freezin 914
Excellent, thank you for the replies! beerchug.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 15 2023, 12:25 PM) *

Dave is a perfectionist

Dave Brown
targa tops
6186 Gale Drive

Boulder, CO 80303

Serious recommendation coming from a perfectionist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.