Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gotta love my motivation behind salary negotiation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
I have been actively searching for a new job over the past few weeks. Well good news, I found one. My wife knew I wanted to upgrade the engine in my car. So she posed a challenge to me last night. She said whatever they offer you negotiate $15,000 more and you can convert the 914 to a 6.

So I got my offer and went to work on negotiating that extra $15k. Well I did it! Ha ha ha!

Oh boy now its time to get in trouble!

Oh yeah I have Trekkor to thank for this maddness. He showed my wife a video of his car and she said "we need a six". boldblue.gif
bd1308
SWEET! congrats man....

thats awesome, and the wife likes the idea too.....even better.

smile.gif
J P Stein
Well that beats the shit outta workin' overtime like I have to do.
I never was the sharpest knife in the drawer. sad.gif
MoveQik
That rocks! Good luck!

Maybe if I sold one more house..... idea.gif
Joe Bob
geee..who do I know that has a /6 for about that price? cool_shades.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 17 2005, 07:02 PM)

Wanna buy my fugly 1.8? Would love to buy your car, but income doesnt start flowing until next month. I figure that I can do conversion for under $10K and I can spread costs over a period of time.
Joe Bob
I'd consider a partial trade....
SirAndy
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 17 2005, 07:21 PM)
Well I did it!

smilie_pokal.gif
Demick
Way to go Grant!!

Demick
redshift
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 17 2005, 11:09 PM)
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 17 2005, 07:02 PM)

Wanna buy my fugly 1.8? Would love to buy your car, but income doesnt start flowing until next month. I figure that I can do conversion for under $10K and I can spread costs over a period of time.

We just had a long disussion about this, a /6 is going to cost you $22,000.00, plus conversion parts, total... around $45,000.00... and then you need brakes..

M
Trekkor
Great news...And happy to have been of assistance smilie_pokal.gif

What size motor are you thinking?

KT
EdwardBlume
Congrats on the raise!

Be careful though... in my household an extra $15k means like a net $5k after wife cut and nest upgrade. biggrin.gif j/k

Enjoy the /6!
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Aug 17 2005, 10:41 PM)
Great news...And happy to have been of assistance smilie_pokal.gif

What size motor are you thinking?

KT

I think I want to stay with smaller displacement similar to you and Theo. Dont want to go above 2.5 liters. Would love your ideas and input.

Having said this I havent wrote off the idea of just doing a nice/clean 2056 and putting the rest of my money into a cage, etc.
Joe Ricard
I think you should get one of the Raby 2316 kits that is full optioned out. WhenI drove Jakes car all I could think of was How do I get one of these in my car.
For Autocross I reallly think it is the better choice. Plus the RPM limit is enough to track it and not worry about high RPM damage.
grantsfo
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Aug 18 2005, 08:10 AM)
I think you should get one of the Raby 2316 kits that is full optioned out. WhenI drove Jakes car all I could think of was How do I get one of these in my car.
For Autocross I reallly think it is the better choice. Plus the RPM limit is enough to track it and not worry about high RPM damage.

Sort of goes back to the on going 6 verses 4 debate. I just havent seen one of these engines effectively used on the West Coast by anyone I know. Taking a drive and living with an engine long term are two differnt issues. I'm sure that 2316 is a blast to drive. I do have plans to TT the car and we do have some hot tracks. I want somthing that will stand up to rigors of the track.

Joe Ricard
Yea well I don't know about longevity on a race track but I sure would like to give it a try.
I guess if we (914 guys) weren't such cheap bastards we could take the plunge to a Raby motor without blinking an eye.

BUT...... I am cheap so whoa is me burnout.gif
914forme
Tom Provasi, used to run a large 4 what is he running now? Usally does well at PCA Nationals, just wondering have not been to a Parade in years. So I am not sure he may have a -6 now.

To me auto-x a large -4 is the hook up. Track day it might be a -6 but I have run the numbers and depending on the track I still think a -4 could sunrise a few -6 owners.

Good luck with your conversion, congrats on the negotiations, did they hire you as a negotiator - you seem to be a natural. Or mabye just highly motivated. wink.gif
914forme
sunrise ???????

Damn spell checker or is it just the id10t behind the keyboard.

Surprise

Yeah I could have edited the post but poking fun at my self is better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.