Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Tank Hose Removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
How does one remove the lower rear oil hose from the tank? I can reach it with my hand inside the fender, but I don't see any way to get a wrench on it that would have enough leverage to remove it. Do you have to take the tank out of the car?
Click to view attachment
mb911
Typically take it out with the tank.
aturboman
I've had luck coming in from the direction of your RED arrow with a thin line wrench at a 45' angle to the fitting. But it must be clocked right to break it loose or as you say there is no leverage.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 17 2023, 06:23 PM) *

agree.gif

I have never found a way to do this with the tank in the car. It is not hard to remove the tank, so just "Yank the tank!" biggrin.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 18 2023, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 17 2023, 06:23 PM) *

agree.gif

I have never found a way to do this with the tank in the car. It is not hard to remove the tank, so just "Yank the tank!" biggrin.gif

agree.gif I think in the OP's case it won't matter as he will be cleaning his tank anyway,I had mine in and out many times during the conversion , this hose is a bit of a PITA to get in the right position when you do the final fitting.
Cairo94507
Pull the tank and then you can deal with the hose. Otherwise it is a nightmare. beerchug.gif
DennisV
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 17 2023, 06:24 PM) *

It is not hard to remove the tank, so just "Yank the tank!" biggrin.gif

Removing the tank wasn't too bad. This thread with the "roll it out" photo was a big help.
smilie_pokal.gif

Since it's out, what are the recommended inspection and cleaning procedures? Do they get boiled / steam-cleaned like a radiator? Is it made of copper?

The outside appears to have been painted black, and in most places gotten the same undercoating treatment as the bottom of the car.

The inside seems pretty clean. It is copper colored with some black streaks. It has been indoors and empty for about 20 years.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Gint
Pretty sure they are copper plated steel..

They can be cleaned. Check out this link.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.