Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: list your car problem vrs milage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
okay the idea is to say what break downs you have had and how many miles sense the last problem

mine,

left maryland and drove about 2000 miles and i lost a wire for my temp gauge.. twice
another 1000 miles later a lost a rear brake pad
after about 500 the tranny started making noises
at about another 1500 miles i swapped trannies
another 1000 and the alt went up
all of the above was the 6700 mile trip for the wcc over 3 weeks

then sense i have been home i have put about another 2000 miles on it and i had the shift bar break about 300 miles ago, and lost the main relay about 1000 miles ago, and about 200 miles ago i hit while parked

tell us about your problems, and i think i put more mile on my car in 3 weeks than some here do in 3 years
Mr.C
Hmmmm over a year ago I pulled the 1.7 and sold it so I could build my 2.0. Been broken since. I guess that doesn't count. dry.gif
Jake Raby
Installed the Hybrid in March and have synched the carbs once since..... Between Brent and I we have driven it about 8K over the summer. It hasn't been touched, not even an oil change.

Its mandatory to rev it to 8K at least once every time its driven ohmy.gif

Wanna race? smilie_pokal.gif cool_shades.gif

VegasRacer
I've had Elvira for 10 months now.
3500 miles, including 10 track days, and only needed GTO. (gas - tires - oil)
redshift
blink.gif

-swims away from bait-
SirAndy
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Aug 17 2005, 08:26 PM)
tell us about your problems, and i think i put more mile on my car in 3 weeks than some here do in 3 years

i have owned the car for 5 years now and the uptime/downtime is split almost equal 50/50 ... unsure.gif

well, the full ground up restoration wasn't really a brakedown, but the result of what i thought was a slipping clutch.
1 1/2 years later, she was running again ... biggrin.gif

last *real* brakedown was when the clutch tube broke ... brad bailed me out on that one (like on so many other occassions)

last *little* brakedown was when the carb linkage came lose ... that was only 5 minutes from scotts shop, so getting help was easy ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy
redshift
Yes, Brad has done his share of bailing, but it does work both ways!

laugh.gif wink.gif

Joe Ricard
For the whole car over the year. I've done alot. mostly upgrades to make it faster. or replace some worn out parts hear and there.

Most recently broke the passenger side carb linkage arm. 20 minutes drove it home 150 miles at nowmal break neck speed.

Through lots of inspections and nut/bolt checks I have not been stranded yet.

I drive the piss out it and race it even harder. Seems I am always teaking and trying to get 10/10ths out of it. over 10,000 miles last year. and 3,000 miles already this year. April is my year marker.
ArtechnikA
well, let's see.

i replaced a battery and voltage regulator in the first /6, and a clutch cable. don't recall the mileage.

in the yellow car it was pretty much just upgrade everything that needed service.
replaced an aft shift rod bushing between practice sessions for a Riverside DE. broke a front antiroll bar droplink in the next session. the car's been out of service since then, 1981. 23000 mi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.