Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bay Area Cruise Night - San Mateo - Sat. 9/23
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Sm914650
There is going to be a big cruise out up El Camino in Hillsdale area of San Mateo like the good ol days, anybody from the Bay Area/Peninsula knows. Expecting over 3000 cars in a two mile range, utilizing Hillsdale Mall parking lots to kick back n have a good time. Im hoping my car is back in action by this weekend, would be nice to see some other local 914s and other Porsches out there! Ill attach a link to their site, they are on Instagram @bayareacruisenight. Hope to catch some folks there beerchug.gif

https://www.bayareacruisenight.com/?fbclid=...YLmukic39Ckv_z0
windforfun
Have you attended this before?

popcorn[1].gif
Sm914650
QUOTE(windforfun @ Sep 19 2023, 08:56 AM) *

Have you attended this before?

popcorn[1].gif

Last year over 4000 cars attended. It gets pretty nuts! Luckily Hillsdale is full of parking lots and shopping Malls

Heres a drone clip on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf2uPfKgvqz/...zRlODBiNWFlZA==
ssstikircr
Awwwwh…… those were the days! driving.gif I put a couple of guys in the ice plants trying to keep up with me in my Datsun 510. Back in the late 80’s we would use the on and off ramps on 92 instead of waiting for the green light to make a u-turn on El Camino Real.
windforfun
No thanks. I used to live in San Mateo up in the hills. Way too much BS & traffic for a little 914 IMO.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
Pursang
OK, all you youngsters. Back in the late 1960's the fun thing to do on Friday night or Saturday was to drive up to the Stanford Shopping Center (my parents lived in Santa Clara) and drive our semi-reliable British cars to a gimmick rallye. While we could have travelled the speedier 280, El Camino was much more fun. Most of the people I knew were in different chapters of the Four Cylinder Club of America. Much fun, believe me.
Sm914650
QUOTE(Pursang @ Sep 19 2023, 10:10 PM) *

OK, all you youngsters. Back in the late 1960's the fun thing to do on Friday night or Saturday was to drive up to the Stanford Shopping Center (my parents lived in Santa Clara) and drive our semi-reliable British cars to a gimmick rallye. While we could have travelled the speedier 280, El Camino was much more fun. Most of the people I knew were in different chapters of the Four Cylinder Club of America. Much fun, believe me.

Love it. Still see little MGBs out on the ElCo Here and there biggrin.gif

@ssstikircr sounds about right. a buddies dad ran a water drip system thru trunk into rear tires w RWD one time and did a drift run around those 92/ElCamino loops lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.