Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok, I am back
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
skline
I am back now and I think I am ready to get back in full swing. I talked to Joe Buckle today and he is ready to get his cars back on the road too. All I need I think is to swap out the bad alternator on mine and it should be good to go. Joe on the other hand needs a bunch of little crap done on his. Anyone up for hammering his cars this weekend? Maybe have him BBQ and we get his cars road ready. It's just a bunch of little stuff like checking brakes, setting timing and little stuff on the V8 car, and installing and firing up the 4 banger big bore in the red car. I think with a team of about 5 or 6 of us, we can have both of his cars running and ready to drive in a day. What do you say guys? Local guys that is, Aaron, Matt, Brando, Joe Sharp, Thomas, Richard? We can do this and you all know the food will be good. How does Sunday sound?
Joe Bob
You were gone?
Aaron Cox
i should be down for sunday Afternoon wink.gif
JB 914
Sunday is good for me. i'll need to have a head count by Friday, so, i can pickup the food from Costco. i'll be cooking on Saturday, so, i can get dirty on Sunday and not have to get up at 2am wacko.gif

I made some Chili tonight that was based on the 2 time winner at the Terlingua Chili cookoff. I'm gonna have to alter the recipe a little next time. Both my wife and i are still trying to feel our tongues. I had to add some honey to cut down the heat. I guess if you are drunk in a Texas ghost town it tastes better confused24.gif Don't get me wrong i love hot stuff, but, this was just pull you tongue out run a cheese grater over it and then hit it with a propane torch hot!! ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

i tried to pop a nexium and it evaporated before it even hit my tongue.

Post if your coming!
skline
I will be there, driving the Chalon even. The first time it has ever been to Joe's house. I hope his cars dont get jealous. biggrin.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
Sounds like fun, I'll trade labor for, left over chili, it get's better when it's left over happy11.gif
redshift
Glad to have you back Scott. smile.gif

M
JB 914
QUOTE (V6914 @ Aug 17 2005, 10:01 PM)
Sounds like fun, I'll trade labor for, left over chili, it get's better when it's left over happy11.gif

Heh, i'll have to make another batch! this batch won't last till Sunday laugh.gif

i'm not sure what i'm gonna make. it depends on how many can come and confirm by friday.
Allan
Nice ta see ya back Scott.

I'd love to come down but after last weekends fiasco I'm on double secret probation until the GAF. dry.gif
JB 914
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
skline
Well, only Aaron has stepped up, I am surprised, I thought there would be at least the regular so Cal group would chime in. Whats up with everyone?

icon_bump.gif
Aaron Cox
tis a sad day when i will have to eat joes BBQ and drink his becks all by myself dry.gif
Joe Bob
Well I woulda showed but Sunday I'm going over to see Howie for a barbee and then make the Doxie exchange with "K"....halfway between and my kids wanted to do the farewell to the last puppy....

BTW...took the mom doxie in fer the spay surgery....little slut was already pregnant again....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 18 2005, 01:04 PM)
Well I woulda showed but Sunday I'm going over to see Howie for a barbee and then make the Doxie exchange with "K"....halfway between and my kids wanted to do the farewell to the last puppy....

BTW...took the mom doxie in fer the spay surgery....little slut was already pregnant again....

i have an exhaust that needs to get from sklines garage to cmolina via howie....

wonder if lisa can stop by on her way...
Joe Bob
Ask her....she'll be in a gud mood after I slip her the "weiner"......um dog.... mueba.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Aug 17 2005, 09:40 PM)
I made some Chili tonight that was based on the 2 time winner at the Terlingua Chili cookoff. I'm gonna have to alter the recipe a little next time. Both my wife and i are still trying to feel our tongues. I had to add some honey to cut down the heat. I guess if you are drunk in a Texas ghost town it tastes better confused24.gif Don't get me wrong i love hot stuff, but, this was just pull you tongue out run a cheese grater over it and then hit it with a propane torch hot!! ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

i tried to pop a nexium and it evaporated before it even hit my tongue.

Post if your coming!

Iffin ya'll ever ben to Tejas, ya'll knowed Lone Star is dey only ting to kill chili........

I ain't cumin'....jes brethin hard
Robert21
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif i can be there, not much help. i don,t know how to fix much .
i can change a tire. and bring some thing to eat or drink

robert
MattR
I should be there.
Howard
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 18 2005, 01:06 PM)
i have an exhaust that needs to get from sklines garage to cmolina via howie....

Hope it's not the 1.7 Bursch (from Rhodyguy to Lagunero to me to Scott) that we couldn't use. Carlos needs a 2.0.
bondo
Welcome back!

Bad timing, a week later and I may have been able to make it.. This weekend I'm going the opposite direction (Sacramento). Next weekend I'll be in Riverside.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Aug 18 2005, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 18 2005, 01:06 PM)

Hope it's not the 1.7 Bursch (from Rhodyguy to Lagunero to me to Scott) that we couldn't use. Carlos needs a 2.0.

My 1 year old bursch off my 2.0 is at sklines house... carlos and i worked out a deal for it.....

just needs a ride up to uncle howies smile.gif
skline
Yeah, I am pretty sure it is still here unsure.gif

We need to get a head count of who will be coming by tomorrow.
So far it's:
Me
Aaron
Matt
Thomas

Who else?
neo914-6
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 17 2005, 09:11 PM)
I will be there, driving the Chalon even. The first time it has ever been to Joe's house. I hope his cars dont get jealous. biggrin.gif

Watch for Elise's... laugh.gif

Welcome Back Scott!
Mrs. K
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Aug 18 2005, 01:08 PM)
Ask her....she'll be in a gud mood after I slip her the "weiner"......um dog.... mueba.gif

cool_shades.gif Very funny "Z" man!

I am working in Newport beach tomorrow (Fri) and I could go by Scott's and pick up the stash iffin ya need me too?

PM or email me and let me know.

Make sure Scott knows where it IS! blink.gif

Lisa rocking nana.gif
skline
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Aug 18 2005, 08:07 PM)
Make sure Scott knows where it IS! blink.gif

Lisa rocking nana.gif

I got yer stash right here Baby!! wink.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 18 2005, 08:13 PM)
Make sure Scott knows where it IS!  :blink:

Lisa  :rockin:

huh.gif I'm talking about the exhaust, silly!

Lisa screwy.gif
Aaron Cox
izat ok with you scott?

my bursch in the back corner of your garage...that i feel really really bad about leaving in there sad.gif

AA
Brando
Wait wait wait, what?

Tomorrow (friday) or Sunday?

Both are fine with me, if it's an after 8 PM party smile.gif

Which reminds me, gotta stop by skline's tomorrow anyhow.

Ron, I'll get your jack back to you before winter time smile.gif
JB 914
Sunday around 10am to 5-6ish

email or PM me if you need directions
Brando
I'm in. Wife-To-Be optional or required?
skline
Bring her Brandon, I like her, she adds so much to the scenery. biggrin.gif
Elliot_Cannon
I just got back to Kentucky from a Hong Kong trip. Will be home tomorrow (Saturday) so will be able to make it Sunday. See y'all there.
Elliot
JB 914
QUOTE (Brando @ Aug 19 2005, 06:58 AM)
I'm in. Wife-To-Be optional or required?

Bring her, she is more than welcome.

JB 914
QUOTE (Mrs. K @ Aug 18 2005, 07:16 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 18 2005, 08:13 PM)
Make sure Scott knows where it IS!  :blink:

Lisa  :rockin:

huh.gif I'm talking about the exhaust, silly!

Lisa screwy.gif

barf.gif
Brando
I'll bring her along scott, joe.

But with Aaron, Matt and MikeZ, you'll have plenty of boobs laugh.gif
Type 4 Unleashed
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 18 2005, 06:41 PM)
Yeah, I am pretty sure it is still here unsure.gif

We need to get a head count of who will be coming by tomorrow.
So far it's:
Me
Aaron
Matt
Thomas
Richard

Who else?

I, just hope all the bench racers and drinkers bench racing, and eaters, eating, drinking and bench racing, will stay out of the workers way happy11.gif
Twystd1
Rumor mill says there will be plenty of BOOBS at Joes..

I'm in...!!!!!

Gunna bring Dorothy. Just so we have a real mechanic on site.. ohmy.gif

Hey Scott, Will meet ya at yer house Sunday morning... What time?????????

Call me and let me know. And let me know what to bring.. besides cash for the food.

Twystd1
skline
So if I could it all correctly, there should be about 8 or 9 people there tomorrow. some mechanics and some helpers. I think we should be able to get the cars going with no problem. See you all tomorrow. I am working tonight at the port so dont look for me before about 9:30 tomorrow morning.
Aaron Cox
ill be there around 10.30 biggrin.gif

Brando
I'm in. Have yet to hear from the dinosaur if he's coming. I know the trek is long for him so I offered him my passenger seat.

Also, I'll be bringing one rack of pre-marinated beef ribs for the barbeequeue.

Any chance I could do some pushrod tube seals and put new valve covers on tomorrow?
JB 914
QUOTE (Brando @ Aug 20 2005, 07:48 PM)

ohmy.gif

Might be standing room only on the BBQ. If'n those are them Fred Flintstone style beef ribs thems gonna need to be hear around 8am if you wanna eat'em by 1-2pm. Unless you did that boiling thing to them first. wacko.gif

i'll try and make some room for em. biggrin.gif

So far i've got 9 racks of Baby Backs and two Tri Tips going on. i was gonna try to throw on a few yard birds too, but, i'm limited on space. I usually pack it on the smoker and freeze up the left overs for easy dinners next month chowtime.gif

if the pork shoulder is thawed too i'll probably throw that on too.
w00t.gif
Markeydoo
Joe
I will try to make it tomarrow. Had to reload my pc. Sorry for the late replay.
PM me with ur address.
Mark
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (PKRMONY @ Aug 20 2005, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Aug 20 2005, 07:48 PM)

ohmy.gif

Might be standing room only on the BBQ. If'n those are them Fred Flintstone style beef ribs thems gonna need to be hear around 8am if you wanna eat'em by 1-2pm. Unless you did that boiling thing to them first. wacko.gif

i'll try and make some room for em. biggrin.gif

So far i've got 9 racks of Baby Backs and two Tri Tips going on. i was gonna try to throw on a few yard birds too, but, i'm limited on space. I usually pack it on the smoker and freeze up the left overs for easy dinners next month chowtime.gif

if the pork shoulder is thawed too i'll probably throw that on too.
w00t.gif

Does anyone know if these "work" parties happen in the Bay Area also?

I'd love to give some people a hand just to learn more about my 914... smile.gif
DrifterJay
I will be there in spirit wink.gif
JB 914
Fire in the Hole ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif

I have begun the sacrificial ritual. The animal flesh is on the smoker!! drooley.gif
Howard
Joe, hosting the puppy exchange today so the nutcase formerly known as 'Z', Mrs K and I will not be attending. Could you messenger up 2 racks of ribs, one tri tip and a drunk chicken?
Aaron Cox
leaving now....

AA
skline
Thomas is here, just waiting on Richard and Clayton. They said they would be here around 10. Going to get everything loaded up and ready to go.
Robert21
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Great day at joe,s house, good food, lots of 914 talk.
sunny day , friends, like these are hard to find.. i,am not much good fixing cars
but they let me hang around. thanks guys

robert
JB 914
QUOTE (Howard @ Aug 21 2005, 08:31 AM)
Joe, hosting the puppy exchange today so the nutcase formerly known as 'Z', Mrs K and I will not be attending. Could you messenger up 2 racks of ribs, one tri tip and a drunk chicken?

I gave the ribs and stuff to Aaron and Matt. The said they would zip them up and email it to you Howard biggrin.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.