Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: -6 conversion questions(3.2)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeff
wink.gif Id like to cut out the 4cyl engine mounts as they dont look to strengten the frame ,unless someone knows different,I'd hate to weaken the chassis?Whats the deal with the oil cooler that mounts on the engine?Is it the trailing arm that is in the way?And can i just add a 90deg fitting or is a weld on fitting available for this application??
Maltese Falcon
Dude, that's a rare one seen around here- has thermal reactor style '75-77 HBs and the air pump bracket bosses on the cam cover and the air pump pulley too ohmy.gif
Do a search on what you're looking for--it's a topic that has been discussed for years- now in the archives. Classifieds has lots of dealios on engine mounts, engine sheet metal (DIY too), exhausts, etc.
peace/ Marty
TravisNeff
The -4 engine mounts don't do anything to strengthen the chassis. They are not there on a /6. I believe you have to weld the fittings on the cooler, I have never heard of anyone doing it any other way (I may be wrong).
Trekkor
Here's a shot of the cooler mod on my engine.
Weld an aluminum -12 or -16 90 degree fitting onto the pipe off the cooler.

A welder should be able to do it for $100.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.