Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My original 914-6 engine case, will be back with its car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
Well, my original 914-6 Engen case for #41 the 30 car off assembly line was found by Glenn Stazak who messaged me that Henry at Supertec Performance had my case. I have been looking for this case since 2007—Henry is Beed blasting it and delivering it to me. It was set up for a 2.5 SS same as the 69 S Eng. that was in the car when I bought it.
My buddy Alan S. says I found the golden ticket! I will not put it in my car but use it as a table in office just in case, on the case.

I guess you can never give up on looking.

Best Bob B Burton

A list of cases that Henry still has for 914-6

914-6

914-6 blank
901/38 640 5596 90mm
901/38 6405156

Message to me from Glenn:

Bob,

I believe Henry has your original engine type 901/38 number 6404016
list of cases

911 Vintage Parts
760-731-4911
131 N. Vine Street
Fallbrook, CA. 92028

Regards,
Glenn Stazak

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Ausgezeichnet. piratenanner.gif first.gif beerchug.gif
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy or a better car.
infraredcalvin
Keeping the hope alive, nice find Bob! Congrats!
SirAndy
Nice! smilie_pokal.gif
burton73
Henry is selling all his parts on BAT, just a tip:

A Collection of Porsche 911 Parts.
This collection of Porsche engines, gearboxes, and parts was assembled over the past 38 years by the seller, Henry Schmidt of Supertec Performance in Fallbrook, California. The collection comprises thousands of components for air-cooled Porsche 911 vehicles manufactured from the 1960s through the 1990s and includes approximately 50 engine cases as well as cylinder heads, camshafts, crankshafts, and connecting rods. Also included are a number of gearboxes, mechanical fuel injection parts, brake and suspension components, spare bodywork, and exterior trim pieces. This collection of Porsche parts is offered in Fallbrook, California.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/collectio...nd-other-parts/

Who knows

Best Bob B
Shivers
Congratulations, what were the chances of finding it.
mepstein
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 20 2023, 03:41 PM) *

Ausgezeichnet. piratenanner.gif first.gif beerchug.gif
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy or a better car.

agree.gif
Cairo94507
Congratulations Bob! I am very happy you found the original case for your 6. I still have hope that mine might emerge from an old shop one day. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
great news congratulations!!

QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 20 2023, 12:33 PM) *

Well, my original 914-6 Engen case for #41 the 30 car off assembly line was found by Glenn Stazak who messaged me that Henry at Supertec Performance had my case. I have been looking for this case since 2007—Henry is Beed blasting it and delivering it to me. It was set up for a 2.5 SS same as the 69 S Eng. that was in the car when I bought it.
My buddy Alan S. says I found the golden ticket! I will not put it in my car but use it as a table in office just in case, on the case.

I guess you can never give up on looking.

Best Bob B Burton

A list of cases that Henry still has for 914-6

914-6

914-6 blank
901/38 640 5596 90mm
901/38 6405156

Bob,

list of cases

911 Vintage Parts
760-731-4911
131 N. Vine Street
Fallbrook, CA. 92028

Regards,
Glenn Stazak

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

DennisV
QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 20 2023, 12:33 PM) *

Well, my original 914-6 Engen case for #41 the 30 car off assembly line was found by Glenn Stazak who messaged me that Henry at Supertec Performance had my case.

That is awesome Bob! piratenanner.gif

Thanks for sharing. It helps give some of the rest of us hope.
930cabman
How cool is that?? after searching for 16 years.

And yes, never give up. Tomorrow always brings new things

Might want to get a lottery ticket or two
Beach914
Great discovery! Congratulations. Is it know how long Henry has had the case? Amazing that it is so close by!
burton73
QUOTE(Beach914 @ Sep 20 2023, 04:45 PM) *

Great discovery! Congratulations. Is it know how long Henry has had the case? Amazing that it is so close by!

He said some of that inventory was from Motor Mistier that went bankrupt and he bought some of the assets I think 2011, and different smaller guys that closed out there stashes of parts

Bob B
76-914
Congratulations Bob. You must be on Cloud 9. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Fantastic Bob..Congrats.. beerchug.gif
Jett
Amazing!
technicalninja
That's really pretty cool! beerchug.gif

Bet you're stoked!

When you actually have it in your shop will be the best time!

You'll treat it better than any other engine part you own.

You'll stare at it with a tiny bit of dementia in your gaze...
markhoward
Congrats Bob! What are the odds..
tygaboy
Wow. So cool! BIG Congrats! cheer.gif smilie_pokal.gif
flyer86d
So I guess you can actually find a needle in a haystack. Congratulations!

Charlie
JmuRiz
Great find!

....and I can't believe Henry is selling all his parts off, wow.
gms
I am so happy that your engine is reunited with the car!
Congratulations Bob!
Root_Werks
Holy crap! That's awesome!

Numbers matched 914-6's are few for sure.

Well done!
mepstein
Bob - What are you doing with it?
burton73
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 21 2023, 09:12 AM) *

Bob - What are you doing with it?

Mark,

Going to use it as a decorative coffee table in my office and know that it comes with car. Just like the extra seat that came with car that was made into an office chair by Eric - PMB Performance and Dale.

It adds a lot of value to the car, more than the $3,000 case parked in my office

Best Bob

Click to view attachment
Bob,
Glad you got the Golden Egg..Cant wait the see..
914/Alan
burton73
QUOTE(914 @ Sep 21 2023, 10:50 AM) *

Bob,
Glad you got the Golden Egg..Cant wait the see..
914/Alan

I sure that most do not know that 914/Alan lives one block from me as the crow flys.

See you soon Brother.

Best Bob

Click to view attachment
burton73
In life timing is everything. I am really lucky in this regard. If Glenn did not get in touch with me, I may never have got this case.

Click to view attachment

Bob,

list of cases

911 Vintage Parts
760-731-4911
131 N. Vine Street
Fallbrook, CA. 92028

Regards,
Glenn Stazak
Eric_Shea
Awesome news!
burton73
QUOTE(gms @ Sep 21 2023, 07:59 AM) *

I am so happy that your engine is reunited with the car!
Congratulations Bob!

If it was not for you Glenn, the stars would not have aligned, and I would not have ended up with this case. Thanks again buddy.

Best Bob B Burton
burton73
Well, the case came today Sept 22nd in perfect shape with Cad plated bolts and nuts. I have chain covers from the 69 S Eng that was in #41 when I got it. A mix of S heads, chain covers dated 65 and 66. Henry said this Eng. Was run as a 2.5 SS Eng. Just like the S Eng. That was in it when I got it. Who knows what happened to it from the late 70s

Best Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rgalla9146

Those early aluminum chain housings have value.
I know of a modified 6 (3.something, flares etc, etc.) and the location of the
original block. The car owner is not interested... even for cheap money.
Go figuire.
Congratulations Bob !
Good job Glenn !
Bob,
So really cool.. Sure looks nice..
914/Alan
burton73
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 23 2023, 07:10 AM) *

Those early aluminum chain housings have value.
I know of a modified 6 (3.something, flares etc, etc.) and the location of the
original block. The car owner is not interested... even for cheap money.
Go figuire.
Congratulations Bob !
Good job Glenn !

------This is the info from the Ebay ad when I got the car, Dec.27th 2006 ---------
Hi Lloyd

-- (the very nice guy I bought my car from—

This is a great project car for the right person. I bought it in 1980, and stopped driving it when it couldn't pass smog. It last ran in 1990 and has been stored under cover in my garage since 1990. Before I owned it, it was a project car of a guy that worked at a local Porsche speed shop. This has always been a California car. It has never seen salt and has no rust.Engine 2.5 L 20k Miles Aluminum case 2.2. Rods EMPI, 88 mm pistons and cylinders, Ported heads and manifolds 40 IDS Weber Carbs, CD ignition, 911S Distributor 67 911S Cams Front 914/6-GT oil cooler with GT ducting, Aeroquip Stainless Steel Lines and oil thermostat, Sport Muffler, Transmission Rebuilt 2000 Miles ago by Performance Haus, 911S copper faced clutch, Hand polished close ratio 906 gears Late model "side shift" linkage, Suspension Adjustable 19mm front sway bar with Teflon bushings Bilstein Carrera RS front struts, adjustable perches, Bilstein rear shocks, Modified front 911S calibers with cross-drilled "S" rotors Five 15x7" BBS modular rims Magnesium centers Titanium lug nuts, 12mm torsion bars. Body
Body seams bead welded Fuel filler moved to cowl. Aircraft style cover Side markers removed European front turn assemblies,French tail light lenses Factory Convex RH mirror
Quartz Iodide headlights European 911S gages including oil level
LeCarrera steering wheel Scheel 914 seat.-------
I have had many questions about the fuel filler area. Peter Dawe of Dawe's Motorsports helped build this car at Dick Troutmans's in the late 70s. I asked Petr how this was done, below is his answer.
Hi Lloyd From what i can remember the hinge and the flush mount latch was aircraft surplus. I believe all those parts are offered thru Aircraft Spruce Co. Peter welded a shaped piece of steel under the body cowl for the gas door to sit on . He also welded a fill pipe on to the gas tank. (Only for pros to weld) Then because of the pipe bends he had to put a vent from the original fill to the neck so the tank could be filled up to the top. All this was 20 years ago but I think thats about it. But you have to be as talented as Peter to do it right. Thats the TRICK. Thanks and happy holidays Petr Dawe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.