Full Version: Follow the dog - cam bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DaveB
Like the title says...

Click to view attachment

That is all that was left.

DaveB
infraredcalvin
Ooof, that’s not going to come out easy… sharp edges on those cam bearings…
Superhawk996
look around for them

Would be highly unusual for a dog to chew and swallow oddly shaped metal object like a cam bearing.

If they truly were swallowed I’d be concerned for the pooches health unless it’s the size if an Irish Wolfhound and can pass something like that.
DaveB
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 21 2023, 07:48 PM) *

look around for them

Would be highly unusual for a dog to chew and swallow oddly shaped metal object like a cam bearing.

If they truly were swallowed I’d be concerned for the pooches health unless it’s the size if an Irish Wolfhound and can pass something like that.

This is Monty. He is a 100lbs and a strong chewer. I took this picture after returning from the vet getting x-rays. Stomach and digestive system are clear. He knows he did something.

Click to view attachment

Lessons learned to keep my work in the garage. I just got the crankshaft, crank and cam bearings and put them inside near the front door. Took the case in the garage, came back and realize the cam bearings were gone. We are now going through the entire house and yard.

DaveB
Geezer914
Thankfully the dog is ok. I see pieces of the box, did he actually chew a bearing?
930cabman
Man's best friend?

X-rays are clear?

Guilty as can be!!

100lbs, bet there's some force in those chompers?

How much are new cam bearings?

maybe need to spend more time with the beast
friethmiller
Heck! By the time you sand the bite marks out of the bearings, your new cam will probably just be starting to spin free. biggrin.gif Assuming you find them first!
Shivers
100 lbs, I’d be thankful he didn’t bury the crankshaft in the backyard. sad.gif
worn
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Sep 22 2023, 11:30 AM) *

Heck! By the time you sand the bite marks out of the bearings, your new cam will probably just be starting to spin free. biggrin.gif Assuming you find them first!

When I was growing up the dog would take my eye glasses from beside my bed and bury them in the carpet behind the sofa. I cannot see without glasses.
sixnotfour
my 16 pound Dog...Charlie has Huge separation anxiety... He tore the metal off our back door and pulled all the foam insulation out,, outer tin all that's left... Not a scratch on him....We Learned he he can not be left alone... Now has a steel cage ... for alone time ..Its pretty bent up,, but he is adapting... Love Him..
sixnotfour
triple post
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
technicalninja
One of our keeshonds ate my wife's glasses.

Ate all of the plastic frames but didn't ingest the lenses.

Glasses were under "warranty" and they accepted the "hail damaged" looking lenses with hundreds of tiny teeth marks on them and gave us a new pair!

The tech at the eyewear shop said that was pretty common as the dog was after the salt in the frames.

Killer warranty!

BAD DOG!
Front yard mechanic
I too have a dog that likes tools, bolts, car parts etc. every now and then I use my metal detector in the lawn to search
iankarr
Good thing they don't make bearings the proper size anymore wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.