Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adjusting Body Panel In Front of Headlight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Miniwerks
I removed my bumper and plastic headlight surround to see if there is a way to adjust the small piece in my photos. It appears there is no adjustment, just rubber grommets that hold both ends in place and they have some play. The one furthest to the right, touching driver side fender is loose so the gap between headlight cover is greater than the left attachment point. You can see second photo with light pressure pushing it back. Are these rubber grommets easy to change out? I did not want to pull one out until I get some insight.
StarBear
Was the drivers front quarter panel ever replaced? Many of the aftermarket ones didn’t fit real well.
Miniwerks
QUOTE(StarBear @ Sep 23 2023, 01:19 PM) *

Was the drivers front quarter panel ever replaced? Many of the aftermarket ones didn’t fit real well.

I do not believe so. When I look at the passenger side grommet, it feels tighter, less play. I might just try adding a rubber wedge and see if it holds.
windforfun
That's better than average, but it shouldn't be loose for sure.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Shivers
It may be a bit twisted. Maybe a clockwise twist on the right and a counter clockwise twist on the left. Small moves
Miniwerks
Upon further inspection, the rubber grommet is in fact toast so will source new.
bkrantz
If you are bold, you can adjust the position by bending the metal "legs" on the eyebrow.
burton73
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Sep 23 2023, 06:42 PM) *

If you are bold, you can adjust the position by bending the metal "legs" on the eyebrow.

Or, If I remember right, you use a long piece of dental floss to wrap the rubber peg and pull the new piece through or look up how to do it on 914world

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.