Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The number of members here 914world.com at any time?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
burton73
The number of members here 914world.com
compared to 914world Facebook.com

I have been here for 16 years. I have picked up 914world from all over the actual world well I've been traveling on business and vacation. I even bought my 914-6 while on a cruise Disney cruise in the Bahamas with spotty Internet.

I would just like to point something out in case it’s me. Used to be when I would get on there were so many names at the bottom of the list people members that were on the 914world forum that list seems like it's a fraction of what it used to be. Tonight, it is 39 names (one and a half lines long) when it used to be 8 or 10 lines all the time.

Is it that people are just using their phones and not their bigger computers and it just looks different? Its just so much harder to use a small phone for me and I have heard that some people especially younger people find the phone apps very easy to use.

Now, I'm just trying to figure out if it's 914world or is it the Facebook 914world where so many members are on. In these years I have seen a lot of things happen, new people and old people leave after so long. Members pass away and members that are I guess have more in their life to stay busy with.

I like to know how some of you feel or is this just a guy that was 55 and now he is going to be 71

Best regards to all my brothers and sisters,

Bob B Burton
ndfrigi
Hello Bob, probably just your settings at the bottom.
GBX0073
I am on here at least two times a day if not more
i do check facebook but the 914world page its more the brag on your car Or I am thinking of selling and then you have everyone wanting to inflate the price or recommend BAT
I prefer the quality of people and information here
Superhawk996
Plenty of users (1711) browsing The World and I have no issues using it on my phone - no app necessary. I believe the members list would be dependent on who is actively logged on at any given moment. The number of users is also dependent on which forum you’re looking at. I’m sure that varies a lot depending on how they signed in and whether the browser they are using will automatically log them out after a period of inactivity.

25,497 registered members seems pretty impressive for a quirky car that only had a production of around 100,000 units. That number probably contains users that are no longer with us or active but it’s still a decent showing.

Click to view attachment

Facebook = stromberg.gif Among the most evil companies in the world and I’m personally baffled why people still use it given all the information available on their business practices.
SirAndy
We have about 1200 active users a day on average.

The forum has maintained pretty much the same level of activity for the last 10+ years.
beerchug.gif
Geezer914
I usually check in at least 2 times a day. The information and help is incredible.
930cabman
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Sep 24 2023, 06:15 AM) *

I usually check in at least 2 times a day. The information and help is incredible.

agree.gif and everyone is generally helpful
era vulgaris
I left the facebook group back in 2016 when I sold my last 914, and then left facebook a couple years after. Mainly because everyone on there is a self-appointed expert that knows more than you, regardless of the topic. And because it's a haven of easily spread misinformation.

I'm a millenial (yes, that generation that supposedly hates cars, thanks to misinformation on places like facebook), and I HATE facebook with a passion. I firmly believe FB is ruining society as a whole.

ANYWAY, I haven't owned a 914 in 7 years, but I still check out this forum a couple times a week at least. Although I don't always log in. The folks here are always helpful and friendly. Can't say the same about the FB group when I was on there.
StarBear
QUOTE(930cabman @ Sep 24 2023, 08:25 AM) *

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Sep 24 2023, 06:15 AM) *

agree.gif and everyone is generally helpful

agree.gif agree.gif And then some.
Amphicar770
I still think the World remains the premier source of 914 info and community.

Still, the sad reality is that FB has and continues to kill off many automotive and hobbies forums. That is a shame as FB will never provide the rich, historical, archive of information you find in forums.

20 years ago, i created the amphicar forum at amphicar770.com. while a smaller community, it once had hundreds of visitors daily. These days, it gets hardly any as everyone has moved to FB. I was going to shut it down until the Amphicar club stepped in to cover the costs as they realize the value of its archival knowledge. My site went from #1 or 2 in listings to page 30 of listings behind any used car dealer selling an Amphicar.

Cairo94507
Been a member since 11/1/08. After 15 months of searching, I found my 6 on this site thanks to SirAndy. I have been on this site at least twice a day since joining.

Only 1 other car site came close to 914World.com, that was NSXPrime.com when I had my '01 NSX. Love this place and its members. beerchug.gif
rhodyguy
I think a lot of the 55/71 thing. Too old and lazy to turn on and use a computer, and the tablet posts upside down pictures. Folks always let you know too. Heaven forbid. Maybe a log in maybe not. MY phone is connected to the world with a cord to a phone jack in a wall.
burton73
Just so you guys know that I love 914world. I am always pointing to our group as the place to come for help on any 914 questions. Our people have the answers. I am on here several times a day and when the system is down for some reason, and that is not very often, I do go through some kind of withdrawal.

The 914world is one of the places that I go to Zen out, if I cannot sleep, I go to world.
I have even been spending more time in the sandbox that I never looked at for years.

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment
FlacaProductions
I check in multiple times a day and have found this address to be especially useful. It shows all the new posts since my last visit. For all Forums including FS and Sandbox, etc...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...amp;CODE=getnew
rhodyguy
The FB 914 used parts ads tend to be rather humorous at times.
ndfrigi
my daily newspaper
PanelBilly
It always amazes me when I meet someone with a 914 who DOESN’T visit the site. They’re missing so much
VaccaRabite
More people check the FB group. Many there have no idea there is a forum. Some are amazed that there is a forum with the same name as the FB group.

The FB group will never replace the forum though. The lack of ability to search threads on FB and the number of just batshit crazy people make it very unreliable IMO.

You kids get off my lawn!

Zach
FlacaProductions
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 24 2023, 04:54 PM) *

It always amazes me when I meet someone with a 914 who DOESN’T visit the site. They’re missing so much

I TOTALLY agree and I try my best to point everyone on the Facebook version over here.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Sep 24 2023, 08:52 PM) *

More people check the FB group. Many there have no idea there is a forum. Some are amazed that there is a forum with the same name as the FB group.

Which is sort of telling how few people have the ability to use Google to get even the most basic of information.

blink.gif
volksaddict
I'm here a lot, just don't log in. Love this friendly informal site. Does the site need me logged in for a numbers count or something?
Didn't know and don't care if there is a facebook 914 site barf.gif
volksaddict
I'm here a lot, just don't log in. Love this friendly informal site. Does the site need me logged in for a numbers count or something?
Didn't know and don't care if there is a facebook 914 site barf.gif
technicalninja
Number of folks on a site doesn't matter...

It's the quality level of said folks and it appears, sadly, the average age of the members that matter.

The Honda Punk sites have multiple times the amount of people, but you have to shift through SOME MUCH TRASH to get any useful info.

What matters to me.

Number of real enthusiasts, wannabees don't count.

Average age of the members. Old guys are so much more valuable than newbies.

Average salary/worth (yes this matters- cheap ass punks spread more BS than anyone).

IMO this is the best overall car site. Better than even the BMW M sites.

But there is a whole class of sites that all others should be compared too.

High end Motorhome forums. No trash at all, nothing but good info. Everyone uses proper English. Lots of those folks are not near the technicians that we have on this site. I've seen almost no incorrect info, no keyboard wars, stupid friendly, just a really good place to search if you have a problem with a 50ft pusher.
I'm not a member of a single one.
I've never even checked out the FB 914 sites and I probably will not.
The motorhome forums have very few members but the member they have are worth listening too, sort of like this place!
All the FB sites I've visited appear to be where the wannabee go!

On a "punk site" the "ban hammer" is used quite often. I haven't seen the hammer used on this site in 7 months.
That is a direct reflection on the quality level of the participants.

This is the only site I've donated money to. It's the only one that's been worth it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.