Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just wondering if this is worth saving - kind of OT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
I believe it's part # 914 556 129 11 in the PET.
It's made out of a heavy rubber material. I put x-mat in the car instead, and now this is taking up space.
Is it worth putting into the classifieds?

r_towle
And people say you cannot smell a picture.
mmichalik
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 24 2023, 04:47 PM) *

And people say you cannot smell a picture.

smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
You betcha! Folks are always looking for original parts.
76-914
Were those glued in? confused24.gif
Front yard mechanic
Mine was not glued in maybe a couple of press in clips. It’s very heavy duty I’m thinking about putting in back in for sound control but worried it might make my already slow car slower slap.gif
mmichalik
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 24 2023, 05:58 PM) *

You betcha! Folks are always looking for original parts.

smile.gif That's good to know. It won't go into the trash can then smile.gif
rgalla9146
I've had one in my loft for 20+ years. Probably dead flat by now.
It could be sneaked into a GT car by covering it with Perlon.
Would be a weight gain though.
Bullethead
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 25 2023, 09:45 AM) *

This mounts in the cabin under the seat back? Isn't there also a pad in the engine bay?
mepstein
I’ve binned about 10 of them. Just no call for one and it’s not worth the storage space.
76-914
QUOTE(Bullethead @ Sep 25 2023, 10:45 AM) *

QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Sep 25 2023, 09:45 AM) *

This mounts in the cabin under the seat back? Isn't there also a pad in the engine bay?

Yes.
friethmiller
Ha! I've got one under a couch in a spare room. Wife hasn't found it yet. Plan on reconditioning it and putting it back in my LE. Come to think of it, I've got a few other 914 parts hidden around the house/in the attic.
mmichalik
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Sep 26 2023, 07:19 AM) *

Ha! I've got one under a couch in a spare room. Wife hasn't found it yet. Plan on reconditioning it and putting it back in my LE. Come to think of it, I've got a few other 914 parts hidden around the house/in the attic.

biggrin.gif
I'm going to post this in the classifieds and see if anyone would like to have it.
Thanks everyone!
Literati914
I’m not really sure why people pull these unless the car is geared more as a track car or you’re going with perlon for looks. I mean they’re normally hidden and help quiet the interior. I think people get annoyed at them dropping down off their mounts (?). I’m not a fan of the water retaining exterior units but I’d like to have one of these on my ‘72 street car. What year models were they stock anyway?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.