Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rt 66 2024
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
Who is taking taking the reins in 2024? I'm going to nominate someone if no one steps up quickly. evilgrin.gif
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
hide.gif Not it.
76-914
The Sedona or Cottonwood area is nice. smile.gif
VegasRacer
It looks like Kent nominated himself. beerchug.gif
brant
I want to go
After missing the RRC
Chris914n6
Ima go ahead and cancel now just to get it over with av-943.gif
worn
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Sep 25 2023, 05:44 PM) *

Ima go ahead and cancel now just to get it over with av-943.gif

How about Cairo IL as the hub? No, I just like it when it isn’t all the way to Baja.
76-914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 25 2023, 09:32 AM) *

It looks like Kent nominated himself. beerchug.gif

av-943.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(William Tecumseh Sherman @ Sep 14 2525, 09:14 AM) *

If nominated, I will not run. If elected, I will not serve.
Front yard mechanic
Middleman Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 25 2023, 08:18 AM) *

Who is taking taking the reins in 2024? I'm going to nominate someone if no one steps up quickly. evilgrin.gif

I can't be nominated if I volunteer first.
I'll do it. icon22_2.gif
PanelBilly
I’ll help you from a distance
VegasRacer
20 Years !?! Who would have thought it possible for this event to have continued so long.

The 2024 edition will again be a traveling party. We will visit some new roads and locations, combined with traditional favorites. Details will follow after I return from Rennsport. Look for a new thread next week.

Click to view attachment

I found inspiration for the shirt from the 1976 Winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Sep 26 2023, 09:34 AM) *

I’ll help you from a distance

Thanks Billy. I can use help with the Car Show and Awards first.gif , along with Vendor Donations, SWAG and Door Prizes.

Preliminary dates are the April 18 - 21 weekend.
76-914
20th! Wow. A reunion is in order. I'll get some decals. Maybe use the pic of that "20th" that you posted above. This is going to be epic. Then again aren't they always? shades.gif I'll get with you before selecting a theme since you have such good taste. beerchug.gif
michael7810
If you're looking for route ideas in AZ, check out Route 666. Kinda like Route 66 just with an extra 6. There is a lodge at Hannigan's Meadow That can accommodate the group and associated parking lot shenanigans. Hannagan's Meadow is 265 miles from Phoenix, and about 275 miles home if you drive Route 666 (now called AZ191), so definitely a driving event.
VegasRacer
Preliminary Design Concept.
Click to view attachment
And some clues on the route.
Gint
I'd like to try to make it this time. 20th?!?! Time flies...
VegasRacer
Gint was at the very first Route 66. beerchug.gif

Driving a pickup truck. flag.gif
Gint
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 26 2023, 07:58 PM) *

Gint was at the very first Route 66. beerchug.gif

Driving a pickup truck. flag.gif

Hey! It had a 2.7 in the back!
DRPHIL914
Hm,
i have always wanted to get out to route 66/666,
and do a cross country trip in the 914–
idea.gif
1900 miles one way, but 6 months to plan….. anyone else want to join me in a east coast group to go to this??
burton73
Me and John after the donkey run to Oatman AZ Route 66. I am on right the guy with the short white beard

Bob B

Click to view attachment
76-914
I had an old friend meet up with me the last Rt66 that included Oatman. John & I went thru some of those turns rather quickly and my buddy damn near shit himself. I don't think he'd ever been in a Porsche before. happy11.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Sep 26 2023, 07:48 PM) *

Preliminary Design Concept.
Click to view attachment
And some clues on the route.

Love the shirt!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.