Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A sincere plea for prayer...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pastordavid
Good Morning! I know that based on the discussion over the CISCO board a few weeks ago this might get ugly, but I am willing to take that chance. After all, I am in fact a pastor, so this won't be the first time I have been challenged in my faith. I post a morning devotional each day there, for those who would like a few thoughts from a struggling traveller to begin their day. I wasn't on either forum yesterday. Please forgive my absence yesterday. My Dad is suffering from cancer (bladder, brain, and bone) and is in the hospital in Evansville, IN. He is in stage three, and the doctors have told us that time is short. About 4AM Wednesday I got a phone call from Mom, telling me I needed to get there quick. Evansville is about three hours away, so off I went, without laptop.

Dad has once again bounced back, somewhat (he is incredible, and God is amazing), but each time the bounce is a little weaker, and not quite as high. They are moving him to an in-care hospice facility tomorrow. Please keep my parents in your prayers as they negotiate this transition together, and as they come to terms with the ultimate transition, from this life to the next. They have been married for 55 years, and except for the 7 weeks of boot camp, they have never been apart even for one night. That we all should have such an incredible relationship in our lives!

Thank you for this opportunity to put this request before this community.Prayer does work, and so I am asking for your support in this time of heartache and confusion.

pastor david

By the way, Jake, I love your license plate, but mine will read 4UDad. He gave me my love for cars, my love for life, and my love for God, and for that, I can never thank him enough.
Gary
David,

Praying for your dad. Keep up the faith.
rick 918-S
People ask for this kind of thing here all the time. Anyone that doesn't think it's ok doesn't need to post good thoughts and feeling for their fellow club members. My thoughts and feelings are with you and your family. Sounds like your dad is a real fighter. Death and our journey there is one of lifes final mysteries. There are countless lessons to be learned about ourselves, the person that is fighting to stay on this earth, and others in our lives that are experiencing this time with us. It can be an enlightening time if we can get past the feelings of our pending loss.
scottb
david,

we are going through the same process in my family with my wifes mother who has terminal brain cancer. you and yours are in our thoughts....

scott
DNHunt
You are all in my prayers

Dave
watsonrx13
Dave, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

-- Rob and Robin

d914
Always heart wrenching to hear, without a doubt in our prayers...
balljoint
Be strong D.
tat2dphreak
your dad and family are in our thoughts, we are pulling for him...
MoveQik
You are in our thoughts.
EdwardBlume
Your Dad sounds like a good guy.... I've been where you are with my Dad. Nothing is easy but God gives you the strength to do what you need to do, and be where you need to be.

Prayer made.
i love porsche
i am praying for your father as well as you and your family
sjhowitson
David,
I will ad your father to my morning prayer. Your family will be in my thoughts.

God bless you and your family.
redshift
David, I don't believe in God the way you do, but tolerance isn't one-sided.

God bless you, and your father. He's probably more worried about you, than himself.. because that is the way it always is.

In my thoughts here. I am so sorry.

Miles
olav
QUOTE (scottb @ Aug 18 2005, 05:19 AM)
david,

we are going through the same process in my family with my wifes mother who has terminal brain cancer. you and yours are in our thoughts....

scott

We are going through the same thing.

My Wife's mother has terminal brain cancer and is bed ridden. My Wife lost her father last October to cancer too.

My thoughts are with you all.

JB 914
Dave,

I'll add your parents to our prayers everyday.

God bless,
JerryP
prayers sent.
horizontally-opposed
David,

It sounds like your dad has lived up to the best kind of success (in my personal view, do NOT mean to offend others) there is: Loving God, his wife, his children, and the world around him well.

Know I'm praying for all of you...

pete
Jeroen
I'm not religious, but my thoughts are with your dad, mom and you
Hang in there!
ThinAir
You and your family are in my prayers.

Like others have mentioned, I'm facing the same thing with my Father-in-Law. After 55 years of marriage he is at home under Hospice care for Creutsfeldt-Yakob disease. He's been bedridden for almost a year now and is clearly in the last stages, but it's impossible to know when God will call him home.

Please pray for my Mother-in-Law, who is having a very hard time with it, and for my son Mike (Mike2.0914) who is one of the primary caretakers.
buck toenges
My father-in-law just passed away in July after battling pancreatic cancer for 2 years.
Although it was painful to see my Father-in-law suffer toward the end I found the whole experience a reaffirming religous experience. My Father-in-law and family had 2 years to prepare for death. I saw the family grow closer to God and family. I saw 1000 people sign the guest book at the veiwing. I saw standing room only and 5 priests attend the funeral mass. All this for a simple God loving man whose only care and desire was to do God's will. Although painful, it gave me hope, faith, and a new perspective on life. I hope this helps.

Buck
Sammy
I will pray that god eases your father's pain and gives strength to your mother and the rest of your family and all those affected.

May you find some comfort in knowing that soon he will know no pain, and will forever be surrounded by god's love and joy.

jd74914
Your family is in my prayers. Good luck.
rhodyguy
the human spirit is a thing of wonder. peace to your father and the family.

k
SpecialK
QUOTE (redshift @ Aug 18 2005, 09:02 AM)
David, I don't believe in God the way you do, but tolerance isn't one-sided.

God bless you, and your father. He's probably more worried about you, than himself.. because that is the way it always is.

In my thoughts here. I am so sorry.

Miles

Miles definitely doesn't know this (until now), but he sent me a PM that I saved when my absolute best friend of the last 18 years died unexpectedly 6 months ago, and look at nearly every day, and think about it constantly.

Quote:

"We never lose friends, they are just waiting elsewhere.."

It was the farthest thing from my mind at the time of Terry's death, but when it happens to someone very dear to you, you can't escape the fact...try as you may.

I'm not a particularly religous person myself, but I don't believe that when you're dead, that's it. (agnostic?)

If praryer is nothing more than positivie thoughts towards another person and his family...........you've got mine for sure.

-Kevin

P.S.- Sorry about the ramble, but between my friend Terry, Easton, Sean's father , and Scott's father, it's beem a rather emotional year for me.

Tom Perso
We're thinking of your father and family in our prayers. God gives us amazing strengths in time of need.

Tom
VegasRacer
David - Your faith will lead you to the strength you need.
God's love will wash you with the peace you are seeking.
mikelsr
David,
Your father and your family are in our prayers.

jr91472
done
ajracer
Greetings Pastor David:

Prayer and Faith WORK and I' also am glad for that, life does and trails
and very difficult challenges but most times it is our fiaht and friends that
carry us through. Brighter days are ahead and remember well shall meet
again on the other side. A thought for encouragement - Romans 8: 35-39
Our family's prayers and thoughts are with you and your family at this time!

Allan Mayhew
Toronto, Ontario
pastordavid
Thank you all for your well wishes and your prayers - especially your prayers. We moved dad to hospice today - doctor says 4-5 days max. tough times, but good times. he smiled at me just a few minutes ago. stepped out for a break, now need to get back in with mom. again, thanks

pastor david
redshift
I remember what that is like, buddy.

It's going to be ok, he loves you all, and you all love him.. it's a sad time, and reverent, but there are still the bright moments, and the memories you will all share, together.

Peace.

Miles
dbledsoe
I am praying for your father and your family.

God bless each of you.

Don
JFJ914
My prayers are with you. Have you and your family given him "permission" to leave? He will fight to stay until he knows you all are ready and at peace. Let him go home, surrounded by your love. God bless you all.
LuckieO
Good thoughts coming your way!
pastordavid
Just wanted to once again thank you all for the support and prayers. My dad died this morning, at 11:25 AMCST, peascefully, and surounded by his family and friends.

pastor david
JB 914
David,

We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
Jenny
David, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your father was a very lucky man to spend the last moments of his life surrounded by those who cared for him. We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Jenny & Brian
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Aug 22 2005, 11:55 AM)
David, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your father was a very lucky man to spend the last moments of his life surrounded by those who cared for him.

agree.gif

sad.gif Andy
dflesburg
Remember to give him your thoughts, your words, your actions and your outcomes... This is the path to the peace he spoke of...

I am sorry. I hope you are okay.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Jenny @ Aug 22 2005, 01:55 PM)
David, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your father was a very lucky man to spend the last moments of his life surrounded by those who cared for him. We will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Jenny & Brian

very well said Jenny.

we are very sorry to hear of your loss... and hope you are ok.
redshift
I hope you can all be at peace now, David, and bless you.

Miles
sjhowitson
I just read about your father. I am very sorry for your loss. Don't forget, he is in a better place now and he will be looking in on you from time to time.

Peace
God Bless you and your Family

Steve
MoveQik
Sorry to hear this news, David. Your family will remain in our thoughts.
Jeroen
David... sorry to hear your dad passed away
but I'm glad you shared his last moments
mikey
I'm sorry for your loss. My sister died of lung cancer last month. I know how this feels. I hope you and your family are coping ok.

ThinAir
You and your family continue to be in our prayers. May you feel God's presence and comfort more than ever.
neo914-6
you got it, sad.gif
scottb
sorry for your loss david.

before my grandmother died a few years back, my son (4 yr old) and she were very close. he knew she was sick but didn't understand about dying.

when she died, i went upstairs after his nap to tell him she was gone.

he asked "can i see her again?",

"no buddy, you can't."

"can i talk to her again"

"no buddy, im sorry."

then he said...

"yes i can talk to her. i can talk to her with my heart!"

from the mouths of babes.....

keep talking with your heart david! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.