Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Petal box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Delaware914
afternoon all,
i am new to this ... and am having a heck of the time with brake lights
i have had the switch changed, still no luck..
i have a guy willing to look at it tomorrow and he asked if i knew anything
about this cover perhaps if there was a drawing ??
So, what is the experience..
73 914"
appreciate all info !
Kerry
BillJ
The pedal cluster has a standard board that includes a throttle pedal stop that is adjustable and a clutch pedal bumper (also adjustable). There are aftermarket variants but they are the same as provided by the factory. The board should have nothing to do with improperly functioning brake lights. If you changed the switch already then it is probably electrical....
Mikey914
Yep, the switch is set to "close" as soon as the pedal moves. Takes some adjustment. Not too hard if everything is working.
rhodyguy
Which side of the disc on the MC rod is the switch arm on? Front or rear of the disc? P.110 Fig 8.4. of your Haynes. The switch must be adj correctly.
930cabman
welcome.png

The brake light system is pretty basic, unless it's not working. Do you have a Haynes or Clymer workshop manual?
Delaware914
QUOTE(BillJ @ Sep 25 2023, 12:17 PM) *

The pedal cluster has a standard board that includes a throttle pedal stop that is adjustable and a clutch pedal bumper (also adjustable). There are aftermarket variants but they are the same as provided by the factory. The board should have nothing to do with improperly functioning brake lights. If you changed the switch already then it is probably electrical....

Had it working when the cover was removed, but now its back to not working.. could be the adjustment
thanks for the comment
Delaware914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 25 2023, 01:10 PM) *

Yep, the switch is set to "close" as soon as the pedal moves. Takes some adjustment. Not too hard if everything is working.

thanks, i will give that a try... a little frustrating but hey she is 50
mepstein
welcome.png
Delaware914
QUOTE(930cabman @ Sep 26 2023, 11:07 AM) *

welcome.png

The brake light system is pretty basic, unless it's not working. Do you have a Haynes or Clymer workshop manual?

no i do not, will get one for the next problem smile.gif
930cabman
QUOTE(Delaware914 @ Sep 26 2023, 12:08 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Sep 26 2023, 11:07 AM) *

welcome.png

no i do not, will get one for the next problem smile.gif

Being 1/2 century young, there will be another .... well you know. But the guys/gals here are always willing to assist
rhodyguy
If you owned a Haynes troubleshooting the brake light system would be a breeze. The next problem is down the road a bit. Prepare for it now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.