Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hand Throttle Friction Ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
Can anyone share a photos and dimensions for the hand throttle friction ring for 914-6 (914-424-219-00)? Ours is missing as astutely pointed out by @bdstone914 . This part is NLA and I've never actually seen one.

What is it made of? If plastic, I will replicate on 3D printer.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(DennisV @ Sep 26 2023, 03:31 PM) *

Can anyone share a photos and dimensions for the hand throttle friction ring for 914-6 (914-424-219-00)? Ours is missing as astutely pointed out by @bdstone914 . This part is NLA and I've never actually seen one.

What is it made of? If plastic, I will replicate on 3D printer.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It is plastic. You may find an off the shelf bushing. I made a few sets of these and sourced a bushing from Master Carr. You can search by size and see what materials are available. I think the rod is 5.mm. Measure the hole in the bracket for the guide bushing.
rgalla9146
Denis I was lucky to find a plastic cap that was a friction fit into the support bracket
I then drilled a hole for the push rod. Sorry, can't provide a source.
At the bottom of the page

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...0032&st=220
SixerJ
I think, I have a NOS one in the stash. Need to go and hunt for it
930cabman
I would bet Mc Master Carr has something, Teflon or Delrin
gms
Mark Bartlett 914 is going to make some this week, put your order in
gms
Pix of part
DennisV
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Oct 1 2023, 01:06 AM) *

A couple photos of an original and dimensions would be a great help. If it's for sale, please let me know.

QUOTE(gms @ Oct 2 2023, 07:43 PM) *

Thanks for sharing this Glenn.
SixerJ
QUOTE(DennisV @ Oct 4 2023, 10:14 PM) *

QUOTE(SixerJ @ Oct 1 2023, 01:06 AM) *

A couple photos of an original and dimensions would be a great help. If it's for sale, please let me know.

QUOTE(gms @ Oct 2 2023, 07:43 PM) *

Thanks for sharing this Glenn.

Hi sorry have been travelling and back at the weekend, as per pics it’s a pretty simple part

Will snap some pics and dims of it out of the bracket

DennisV
To install a new friction ring, you have to remove the plastic cap on the end of the throttle rod. Ours crumbled to pieces. 914-424-225-00 "sleeve" from the diagram. NLA.

I took the opportunity to make one on my 3D printer, based on dimensions from the broken pieces and photos. Printed in in red ABS for my own amusement. You can find it, and my other marginally useful designs, on Thingiverse.

Click to view attachment

P.S. Glenn's friction ring design is pretty clever.
Mikey914
Just an FYI, for those that have bought our kits, the friction is adjustable in the hand portion of the assembly. Tension is set by pressure on the nut and the large flange plate interacting with the HDPE washer is more than adequate to set and hold.

Adding this part will add friction, but isn’t required for our setup. Feel free to PM me if you need more info.

Mark
930cabman
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 3 2023, 08:24 PM) *

Just an FYI, for those that have bought our kits, the friction is adjustable in the hand portion of the assembly. Tension is set by pressure on the nut and the large flange plate interacting with the HDPE washer is more than adequate to set and hold.

Adding this part will add friction, but isn’t required for our setup. Feel free to PM me if you need more info.

Mark

I recently installed this kit on a 2056 project with twin Webers, works great. Not sure of the purpose of a "friction bushing"?

Is it possible it was not necessary?
Mikey914
We built the friction adjustment into the hand assembly. When we assemble we oreliad the friction. These can be adjusted to apply more or less friction by tightening or liisening the nut.

That is why I was pointing out you wouldnt require exter friction devices.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.