Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 9146-GT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
My turn to ask a random value Question..

What's it worth ..Not run in 8yrs..... per web info...Motor runs awesome .. but leaks oil ,,great list of parts ... Barn Find ..

sixnotfour
type.gif
Gint
So it's for sale somewhere currently and been sitting for 8 years?
mepstein
I would love to see the finished car. Pics look like a good build but who knows what it's like now. Engine sounds like a cool build but can only run with racing gas on a track - based on compression and cams.
sixnotfour
type.gif
BillJ
So a real 6 which is of course good. Engine will need to be pulled apart and gone through. Gearbox also needs full rebuild according to the sheet. Chasis was gone through thats a big plus unless rot set in from sitting. Probably looking at about 30k of work to finish up right. He mentioned shocks need replacing. Some very nice vintage parts.

I would say $70 or so is probably right.
sixnotfour
type.gif
BillJ
Gotcha. In that case $85 with a complete running car that has a very leaky engine. Probably going to cost a bit to solve that.

Love the color.
sixnotfour

type.gif
Justinp71

So this is a factory six with a factory GT kit installed at a later date? Not built by the factory is that correct? Does it have racing history at all?
sixnotfour
thanks, leaky engine , needs to be addressed... Poor Post Sorry ..rough week...
campbellcj
QUOTE(BillJ @ Sep 26 2023, 09:12 PM) *

Gotcha. In that case $85 with a complete running car that has a very leaky engine. Probably going to cost a bit to solve that.

Love the color.

Seems the original post/details vanished?

I'm in the same boat now with my -6 conversion; pretty high-end 7R mag case build with a few track seasons is leaking and will need to come apart but still runs fabulously so I'm putting that off.

I strongly recommend taking a deep breath before looking at costs of major engine/trans work these days. Even if you can DIY some of it the parts and machining costs have skyrocketed. I think the same applies for body/paint shop work.
mepstein
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 27 2023, 09:39 AM) *

QUOTE(BillJ @ Sep 26 2023, 09:12 PM) *

Love the color.

Seems the original post/details vanished?

I'm in the same boat now with my -6 conversion; pretty high-end 7R mag case build with a few track seasons is leaking and will need to come apart but still runs fabulously so I'm putting that off.

I strongly recommend taking a deep breath before looking at costs of major engine/trans work these days. Even if you can DIY some of it the parts and machining costs have skyrocketed. I think the same applies for body/paint shop work.

Very true.
BillJ
I just built a 2.4 twin plug and had a Dr Evil built trans. Hear you on the 7r case. Fully treated case at Ollies set me back $5k alone. Deep breath and pockets better match.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.