Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 rotisserie
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche-tom
Does anyone have some experience with buying a rotisserie and using it for a 914. I really don't want to build one and there seem to be some pretty reasonably priced ones out there jeggs,Eastwood....ect. any input would be appreciated
mepstein
Buying one is a very valid way to go. It lets you get to working on the car right away vs a whole build project. Then sell it when you are done and get 1/2-3/4 back. Pretty easy to justify - in my mind.

To answer your question. I’ve bought and had one made (actually Ben/MB911 made it). Both worked fine. I wouldn’t build it out of HF engine stands. It’s a cheap and quick “go to” but not nearly as stable as a well built rotisserie.
mate914
I bought an old one used for muscle cars. It works great and was less than $500.
Matt
burton73
QUOTE(mate914 @ Sep 27 2023, 09:11 AM) *

I bought an old one used for muscle cars. It works great and was less than $500.
Matt

In 2008 I bought a very high-end rotisserie for my 6 and then my V8 car. When the last body was picked up by PMB, Eric took it with him. I sold it for ¾ of what I paid years before. Now prices have gone way up on these but the ease of using one with the locking Rotation Mechanism, As well as the Hydraulic jacks on each end Make it much easier to work on your car. My set up was over kill for a 914 but with the 5 inch wheels is moved around the shop very easy and even with a car on it on the back of a flatbed trailer. For me the investment was a good one.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
burton73
Here is a one kind of like my old one

Click to view attachment

Bob B. I got free freight in the nice wood cases
bkrantz
I bought something similar. Before I got it, I thought the rise and fall function would not be useful, but it turned out to be very helpful at times.
burton73
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Sep 27 2023, 09:39 PM) *

I bought something similar. Before I got it, I thought the rise and fall function would not be useful, but it turned out to be very helpful at times.

The rase and lower function is great to have your work height just right when working on your car, that and the locking position mechanism so you can lock the rotation of the body.

Bob B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.