Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flex dam with rubber lower section GB ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
So we made these some time ago and I really like the look of the car with just the fiberglass, But we lost the mold in an unfortunate forklift accident.

So thought I'd see if there was enough interest to make these again.
As well as the rubber. I knpw there were a few that just wanted the rubber. So sound off now. Lets see if enough folks need these.

The green car is just the fiberglass portion.

Hoyland has painted the fiberglass and has the rubber below.

Other pics of complete (both parts).

We have upgraded the rubber to a more durable (abrasion resistant ) material that is thermally form-able, so you can get the corners nice.

Pictures of the stock vs fiberglass only
Mikey914
Pictures of fiberglass with flex and how it fits
VaccaRabite
I never put the rubber on mine, and I've had it ever since y'all first made them available over a decade ago. My favorite of the dams.

Zach
mate914
@Mikey914

I have one of those original units that came out in the 80's I think.
Have had a lot of complements on it. If you need a mold to copy from, we can work something out.
I would also be interested in both the top and bottom group buy.

Keep up the great products.

Matt flag.gif
Mikey914
Thanks, I need to check the barn I'm pretty sure my Alaska Blue has one of these on it. If I can't locate, I'll let you know.

To make this work I'm looking for about 20 folks that are interested in the dam, and about as many for the rubber. I know a few guys were looking for just the rubber, so it will be possible to do, even if the dams don't have the interest. I'm putting together costs this week, but you know me, I will keep them down to be able to make these. I've had a few inquiries, so thought I'd post up.

-Mark
914sgofast2
I vote for making the repro flexdam again. However, the bottom rubber portion should be sold separately since it scrapes away over time as your enters and exits steep driveways in my experience.
gokart73
@Mikey914

Mark,

I would definitely buy the air dam without the holes/rubber. Possibly two.

Hope you make them again. My 40+ year old original flex dam has had the rubber removed long ago, holes filled and painted, but I would love to have a new one or two.

Its my favorite front spoiler/dam on a 914.

Thanks!

Click to view attachment
flat4guy
I would buy one for my car - I have been looking but found nothing I like
mgphoto
I’m interested, any chance of a “shorty” rubber?
Robarabian
In on a top and bottom group by. I have 2 cars with Flexdams on them now and having spares would be nice. I have a 3rd car I would run it on as well... At least 2....
Mikey914
Looking promising
Rleog
I’m interested in a new rubber section. I have one of your original fiberglass air dams that I modified for an oil cooler air intake. Works well. Looks fine.
Thanks
bob164
I would be in for one of the rubber bottoms.
T.Rick6
If this happens I'll take both of these please beerchug.gif

Todd
Gint

I was just getting ready to order one of these. I need something besides stock that I can cut out areas for my tow bracket. I'm tired of having to take the stock valance off to flat tow and then put it back on.

QUOTE(mgphoto @ Sep 27 2023, 09:01 PM) *

I'm also interested in rubber half the height of what you've done previously.
MartyYeoman
I'd be in for the fiberglass part nix the rubber.
sixnotfour
I bought one also.. beerchug.gif
Craigers17
I recently bought the rubber piece from a member here, but since I'm one of the guys usually begging for you guys to make these, it's only right for me to buy a set...... I'm in.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 29 2023, 06:59 AM) *

I was just getting ready to order one of these. I need something besides stock that I can cut out areas for my tow bracket. I'm tired of having to take the stock valance off to flat tow and then put it back on.

The flexdam is lower, so you still would have to take it off.

If you want to not have to take it off. You want the LE
https://914rubber.com/limited-edition-fiber...spoiler-for-914

We just did a run on these, and will have more done late next week.

Also D914 hit me up for another race version we are also doing a run on.

We are doing some of them in Kevlar as well. I’ll post up pics this next week.
aharder
You know I'm interested since I'm the one that called you poke.gif
Gte9146
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 29 2023, 08:59 AM) *

Click to view attachment
The LE spoiler works with tow bracket.
Gint
QUOTE(Gte9146 @ Sep 30 2023, 09:14 AM) *

I was planning to cut and reform to do basically that. Are LE valances available anywhere? Mark?
Gte9146
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 30 2023, 12:35 PM) *

I was planning to cut and reform to do basically that. Are LE valances available anywhere? Mark?

Gint
QUOTE(Gte9146 @ Sep 30 2023, 11:38 AM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 30 2023, 12:35 PM) *

Thanks. Indicates that it is out of stock.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Gint @ Sep 30 2023, 10:35 AM) *

We just did a run of 10 and got cleared out on 9/14 day. The next 10 should be ready Friday. PM me your contact info if you want us to drop you a call as soon as they are done.

Mark
dug
I have an original flex dam and would be in for a new rubber for it
thanks
dug
MartyYeoman
dug, I've sent you a PM.
Marty
Van B
Why are we not advocating for the LE front spoiler? I mean, if he's only got limited time and resources, let's prioritize!
Steve
icon_bump.gif
hijacked.gif
I also have one of the dam and rubber sitting in my garage from the last group buy, if someone local needs one.
I don’t want to ship.
First $175.00 gets it.
Link to ad
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=368127
PlaysWithCars
Hey Mark, can you give an update on the decision to retool or not? Last season my air dam succumbed to 10yrs of hitting cones at the autocross (wasn't me biggrin.gif ) and developed a crack. The materials used in this have been amazingly resilient up until now and I would be in for a replacement if you're retooling, otherwise I will glass in a patch on the backside to reinforce the area that started to crack.
Mikey914
Yes the airdanm will be retooled, will be beginning of 2024, as we are still working on tge dash top tooling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.