Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Realistic average price to buy a 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nditiz1
Trying to figure out what the going price is for a 914-6. Assuming it comes with the matching number block and trans, what are they selling for. Found this, owner says shoot me a fair offer. Has 914-6 vin (aka starts with 914)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
burton73
You know this game, at this point what is rusty and what is the on the cars history what does it come with. Any lecture, tool kit. More pictures. Who knows at this point what is a fare price. What state is it in? Lots of questions

Best Bob B
flyer86d
It’s all what you are looking for. A project, a driver, a hot rod, or a show car. M471 cars are a different story. I’ve owned my factory -6 project for 42 years. I will never sell it but I can tell you that it is not the economical way of doing it. That being said, Look at Pete Tremper’s real 914-6 hot rod in the mart right now. It’s a boatload of a car for the money if you want that sort of a car. I’ve known of that car for at least the past 40 years. A really nice stock-6 looks like 100K + right now………

Charlie
Cairo94507
Indeed, what Bob just said. Also, what year is it? Some may be worth more than others. You need a comprehensive inventory of everything it comes with. The 6 bits, if missing are expensive and hard to find. What type title? Salvage, currently registered? Non-op status? COA to prove the engine/transaxle numbers are correct, all the VIN numbers are present? Get it up in the air and look for the rust- that's what would kill the project.

However, it looks pretty good sitting there...

Cheers,
Michael beerchug.gif
930cabman
$40 - $50k
nditiz1
I checked it out in person for all the money areas, they were good. 40k-50k is probably realistic. I offered him low (20s) and he said no way. No inclination to any other price so I don't think he's serious about selling.

Thanks all beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
I hunted for a numbers matched 914-6 for a while. Never could find one I could afford. No projects, $80k in hand, couldn't make it happen. That was 3 1/2 years ago.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Sep 27 2023, 06:28 PM) *

I checked it out in person for all the money areas, they were good. 40k-50k is probably realistic. I offered him low (20s) and he said no way. No inclination to any other price so I don't think he's serious about selling.

Thanks all beerchug.gif

What were the the good and bad of the car ?
Rust ? numbers ? complete ?
How did you arrive at your offer ?

Cairo94507
I would shoot for $35K to $40K given the new information. bye1.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 28 2023, 09:18 AM) *

I would shoot for $35K to $40K given the new information. bye1.gif

...what new info ?
gereed75
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Sep 27 2023, 05:47 PM) *

It’s all what you are looking for. A project, a driver, a hot rod, or a show car. M471 cars are a different story. I’ve owned my factory -6 project for 42 years. I will never sell it but I can tell you that it is not the economical way of doing it. That being said, Look at Pete Tremper’s real 914-6 hot rod in the mart right now. It’s a boatload of a car for the money if you want that sort of a car. I’ve known of that car for at least the past 40 years. A really nice stock-6 looks like 100K + right now………

Charlie

Charlie Where is that car listed. Would like to take a look Thanks
dr914@autoatlanta.com
restoration, proper restoration, is expensive and hard to find someone to do it, hence you are better off spending 100 grand on a ready to go six than 40 grand for this semi parts car
Root_Werks
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 28 2023, 08:01 AM) *

restoration, proper restoration, is expensive and hard to find someone to do it, hence you are better off spending 100 grand on a ready to go six than 40 grand for this semi parts car

agree.gif

Exactly why I didn't buy one. Any project will cost more than a non-project. It was a reality check for me, simply didn't have enough money to buy a nice 914-6.
mepstein
In my mind, it’s a $25k car - max. I think the enthusiasm train for these cars have left the station.
Cairo94507
@rgalla9146 - nditiz1's info after seeing the car in person. beerchug.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 28 2023, 11:23 AM) *

In my mind, it’s a $25k car - max. I think the enthusiasm train for these cars have left the station.

agree.gif
The best bang for the bucks are 914-4's (1.7 1.8 & 2.0) pray.gif
Tom
930cabman
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 28 2023, 09:01 AM) *

The good doctor has been in this game for more than several years. agree.gif

I have gone the cheap route enough times to know better screwy.gif
rgalla9146
I see no info regarding engine, trans, numbers, original 6 parts, how complete the car
is, previous damage and many other issues both plus and minus.
I agree projects are only for the competent person who does much of the work
himself.
Buying a complete ready to drive car is the better choice for most.
A project is often the only way in for the determined, skilled person who knows what
it will take but can't lay out for a big purchase price.
I do see long studs on the front... and mis-matched wheels to make it roll, original front engine mount and CD unit with mount.
Would like to know more.
Jett
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 28 2023, 08:01 AM) *

+1 WAY cheaper to buy a $125K 914-6 that is turnkey. This car would cost a minimum of $100K to make it turnkey and that assumes no missing rare parts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.